Rd-700GX Sub-Category Suggestions?

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
christo65

Rd-700GX Sub-Category Suggestions?

Post by christo65 »

Hi All,

Although I have only been here for less than two days, I have enjoyed the interaction with other members and feel this is a really good group to belong to.

When I arrived at Roland Clan, I had previously been searching for a dedicated RD-700GX Users Forum and had turned up nothing. I posted that I was interested in seeing a dedicated Category created for the model and after some agreement from other members, I contacted Artemiy with my request. Within a few hours he had created a category for the RD-700GX and was as helpful and positive as you could ever hope for. I wish all forum Admins were as easy to relate to!

Anyway, the point is, we now have a dedicated area to utilise as we best see fit and, from experience, I believe it would be good to go a step further and create a number of 'sub-categories' to make posting and retrieving information an easier undertaking. Much as a library sorts its books, we could break our information into relevant sub-categories.

I think there should be a sub-category for Sonar LE questions and answers, for example. What do you guys think? What are the most important areas that need to be defined?

If we can create a well organised reference area for ourselves it will be a huge benefit in the long term. One thing we don't want to see is 10 or 20 other forum sites popping up, diluting the user-base and bits of knowledge being shared all over the internet. It is much better to have one (or maybe a few over time) forums that are easy to navigate, are well frequented by knowledgeable users, and cover all the main bases well. Nobody wants to spend time ploughing through a dozen forums looking for how to use the 'Audio Key' notes.

OK, what would you guys like to see as the main divisions of information as it relates to the RD-700GX? I suggested that the Table Of Contents of the User Manual may be a good place to start but you guys may have better ideas than that. Let's hear them! Make a list and post them here!

Looking forward to us all building a great user reference tool and social environment for us each to learn and share.

Cheers,

Christo65