tutorial

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
sdlong1

tutorial

Post by sdlong1 »

HELP! I love this keyboard but the manual is way too technical for me. I play lots of musical theatre gigs and need to be able to quickly move from one sound or combinations of sounds to another. Used to use a Kurzweil that let you assign numbers so I could navigate in a blink. So many of the sounds I want are all on the one rhy/gm2 tone button. Takes way to long to spin the dial from a 200 number to a 500 number. I think it has something to do with setpup and number lock for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Want to be able to program the whole show! Pretend you are phrasing your answers for a non-techie!~!! Have a show this week....
piaknowguy

Re: tutorial

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Sdlong1!

I am quoting from the 'Turbo-Start' found on the Roland US website.

For setups you frequently use, the RD-700GX has 40 Favorite locations you can get to quickly using the Tone Select buttons. These locations are stored in four sets, or “banks,” containing 10 Favorite locations each.
Use the following procedure to assign a setup to a Favorite location:

1. Press SETUP and press the DEC/INC buttons to select a setup.

2. Press F2 (BANK CHANGE) to select the Favorite bank in which you want to register the setup.

3. Hold down F1 (ASSIGN), and then press the TONE SELECT button to which you wish to assign the setup.

Use the following procedure to recall a previously registered Favorite setup:

1. Press SETUP so it’s lit.

2. Press F2 (BANK CHANGE) to select the desired bank.

3. Press the setup’s TONE SELECT button to load the setup.

Hope that helps!
PiaKnowGuy
Watch a video of - Some Guitar Shredding Done entirely on the X8!

PiaKnow