EQ settings and other parameter purposes

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
tjf_inc

EQ settings and other parameter purposes

Post by tjf_inc »

Hi!

Im new to all these electronic stuff.

I've been playing piano for a while until recently i decided to get myself a real professional keyboard (to bring along for events) I'm not gigging, and not part of any band, i used to be part of the worship team at our church, though (where i played korg triton - 61 keys, i wish i had the chance to get to know it. i have no idea way back then. LOL)

Its been almost a month since i bought the RD700GX. I love it! (As of now). Im quite confused though. As said that its very customizable, the more complicated it gets for me.

I hope anybody can help enlighten me. I have here a couple of questions to ask (Hoping for your patience as im quite new). I really want to understand things so that, i know what im doing with my board.

The RD have on-board equalizer (i just learned its use, however not yet able to get what settings i like)

I went to designer mode and the to EQ Settings: Here's a couple of things i dont understand

Q = ? what is this for?

Difference of High Gain and High Freq (same thing as mid and low)?

cutoff time - What is this for?

Release time = What is this for?

MFX1 and MFX2 = I cant determine what effect this gives?

I also dont understand the purpose of the sound control switch.

I wish someone can explain this for me. I want to learn more, and hopefully sometime soon be able to tweak my RD to my liking.

If anyone can share their settings for the EQ, that would be perfect (Im open to any suggestions!). I find my acoustic grand patches to be okay when heard through headphones. However, im quite dissatisfied with its sound when amplified through my KC-500 using an XLR cable (This is already a powerful amplifier of 180 wats). Seems like the real grand sound aint coming out. Good for classical and soft ballads only.

Anyone who can help? Thanks!!