Improving SuperNatural EP's

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
KPro81

Re: Improving SuperNatural EP's

Post by KPro81 »

That is kind of how I feel as well. It took me over a year to figure out the right combination of tweaks to make, to really get a decent Rhodes Suitcase sound. BTW I find that using the Old Case preamp and Twin speakers and other tweaks can really get a very good early 70's Suitcase Fender Rhodes sound. This makes sense because the Fender Twin's 12" speakers were very similar to what was used in the early 70's "Fender Rhodes" suitcase pianos. This seems to be the hardest sound to replicate on the RD-700GX, but I'm working on it!! However, I have a near perfect Dyno-Rhodes sound as one of my alternate EPs. My brief tutorial in the beginning of the original post is not what I'm using to get the early 70's Fender Rhodes suitcase sound (I still encourage others to use it to get a starting point). However, once I finish testing my tweaks I'll post my results.
jagannath

Post by jagannath »

Hi KPro81!! Everytime I check this forum I'm hoping to find your setups for EP's. It would be great if you could post them...
Thank you and take care!!
KPro81

Post by KPro81 »

I really appreciate that jagannath, thanks! So here I go, back by popular demand, LOL!
I have been using these new settings for a couple of months and I really think it has that "Fender" Rhodes suitcase sound I have been looking for. Here goes! (Remember this is the sound with no EFX's on like phaser, chorus, flanger, etc. Just the preamp and speaker simulation and the Tremolo is in the off position) I use these personal settings and I am satisfied with the results. Hope you guys enjoy!
EP Designer 1
Tone Type: Tine EP
Bar Angle: 0
Pickup Distance: -2 (Very Important!!!)
Bell Thump: 0
Bell Character: -1
Damper Noise: +10
Key Off Reso: +5
Hum Noise: 0
Tuning Type: Type 2
Level: 127

EP Designer 2(I have it for phaser but it is off)

EP Designer 3
Amp Type: Old Case
Treble: +10
Bass: 0
Tremolo Sw: on
Tremolo Rate Mode: Hz
Tremolo Rate: 1.25 Hz
Tremolo Depth: 0
Tremolo Duty: -5
Speaker Sim: Twin (Very Important!!!)
Level: 72

EP Designer 4 (Key Touch Edit)