PLS HELP!!! End part of Audio Recording cut off

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
tjf_inc

PLS HELP!!! End part of Audio Recording cut off

Post by tjf_inc »

Hi,

I have a problem.

Im recording audio using SONAR LE and my RD700GX.

Each time i finish my recording by pressing the stop button, the last part of my recording always gets cut off. for whatever reason i dont know why. i tried searching the net about it and couldnt find any. I already recorded around 15 songs and all of their endings are cutoff!!!

it may be a setup in SONAR perhaps? can anyone please help? i have to finish my recordings asap.

Thanks!

TJ
dbijoux

Re: PLS HELP!!! End part of Audio Recording cut off

Post by dbijoux »

That is quite strange. Can you be more specific on how it is cut off? I mean, does the position actually go backward when you hit stop? How much is lost?

Maybe you could record (extra)silence at the end of a track. Weird.
tjf_inc

Post by tjf_inc »

Hi once again DBIJOUX

Thanks for your reply.

Say for example my original recording is at 3:50 length

The moment i press STOP button or press SPACEBAR.

Recording stops, and my last 5 or 10 seconds are gone. I know it is unusual , i dont know why.

I tried prolonging my endings by keeping the sustain on, or sometimes count 10 seconds before pressing stop.

Still it removes the last part.

The only workaround i tried is to prolong the ending silence, then after a couple of seconds, play something at least for another couple of seconds before i stop the recording,

That way, the CUT part was that of the irrelevant piece played extra at the end.

Then i can cut the ending, apply add a fade out.

However, this is really annoying. I dont understand why im the only one experiencing this problem.

Regards
TJ
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Yes, that is quite mysterious(read:annoying)!!! I have never experienced this in Sonar LE.

I had some assumption maybe there could be a huge latency issue. 5-10 seconds would be extreme but not unheard of.

As I recall you are recording from your computer soundcard, you probably don't have direct monitoring.

I will double check to see if there is some setting in Sonar recording options that auto-clip, because that is really weird if you waited to stop for like 30 seconds and it still cut off the tail of you sound. Waiting only 10 seconds, might still put you inside the lag. Anyways, I'll look. If you could look at your latency/buffers/etc in Audio settings, maybe that will shed some light. Is there an option for you to run the Wave Profiler? Maybe you could do some tweaks to improve performance.

(update: ok, as I remembered Sonar's recording options are pretty straightforward. I'm pretty sure you are not auto-punching so I'm really thinking this is a latency issue.)

My suggestion would be to let it record enough silence at the end of your takes for the machine to catch up. In the future, when you have an audio interface all the monitoring would be done there with zero latency.