Metronome

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
mm_aa

Metronome

Post by mm_aa »

Hi!

So, anyone figured out how to get basic metronome rhythms sounds in RD-700GX? I hate playing Beethoven with funk drum pattern :)
nonotone

Re: Metronome

Post by nonotone »

I sent the following to Roland a while back:

Question: Hi I just purchased an RD-700GX along with the KS-G8 Stand. The Stand REALLY NEEDS a Music Stand attachment. Given the high-quality nature of the KS-G8 that seems like an easy thing for you all to design and provide.

Also, could you please add a Metronome to the RD-700GX? Certainly this could be done with a firmware update.

Great Products!! I love Roland Keyboards.

.... and got this response :

Your suggestions have been passed along to the Product Manager for the RD-700GX.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Roland Product Support

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL.
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

I love my Wittner Metronome, with the bell it's much easier to keep odd time.

http://www.wittner-gmbh.de
peak083

Post by peak083 »

Hi ! You can download the metronome for the RD-700GX on this Link

http://www.rolandce.com/downloads/NL/Song_And_Styles/RD...

It's 11 midi files you have to put in the internal memory of the RD-700GX.

You will have all the basic metric !

Have Fun !

Peak
nfiorenzi

Post by nfiorenzi »

Hi,
I've tried some of this midi files directly from my USB key...metronome is working, but it uses the piano sound as beat! It's not so much funny playing over a note repeated in another tone!
Am I missing something? Or are these files to modify chosing the right instrument?
Thanks a lot,
Nicola
bobmusic

Post by bobmusic »

Hi Nicola,

i tried this files too and had the same problem. "Out of the box" they are not suitable for the GX. In the meantime i made some midis of my own which use different clave sounds from the GX-Kits. I will upload them and send a link here later...

Best regards,
Robert
bobmusic

Post by bobmusic »

@Nicola: Here they are:

http://www.m-universe.de/songs/RD700GX_Metronome.zip

I made no different metrics, the click goes straight without variations, but each midifile with a different sound. Hope it works! You can also load them to the internal flash memory so they always there even without your USB-Stick connected.

Best regards,
Robert
nfiorenzi

Post by nfiorenzi »

Thanks a lot, I'll try these files tonight!
Thanks again,
Nicola
davidcharlesdcw

Metronome Solution Roland RD 700 SX

Post by davidcharlesdcw »

After much research I gave up on a Metronome for the RD 700 SX. Here is my solution. I'm using a Y cord to get sound from both the RD 700 SX and a digital metronome. The Korg M-1 is ideal having lots of features including volume control! It costs around $40.00 US. Plug the Y cord into the earphone out jack of the RD 700 SX. I plug earphones into one side of the Y cord and the other side to the earphones out jack of the Korg, Or you could plug one side into an external amplifier. You can also plug both the RD 700 SX and the Korg into and external amplifier. Works for me. Lots of configuration possibilities. DavidCharlesdcw