Slider volumes

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
acre

Slider volumes

Post by acre »

Hi all!

My question is to do with the volume settings of the four sliders (two actually, in this case) while using a Setup. Here's my scenario:

A designed a setup using L1 for Bass Guitar and U1 for Piano. Those two sliders now control the volume like a small mixer. My Master volume slider is set at about half. When I invoke the Bass/Piano setup, I adjust my L1,U1 volumes so they are balanced (Bass to Piano). When I choose another setup, and then go back to my Bass/Piano setup, the volumes are at full blast even though I haven't touched the physical placement of the sliders, and I have to "cycle" the sliders to re-adjust the volumes back to where they were prior to selecting a different setup.

Now, I don't know about you other folks but playing keyboard bass and piano at the same time is enough of a challenge, never mind having to adjust sound on the fly. How do I change that setup so that if I exit out of Setup mode or choose another setup, the volumes are how they were a few moments prior? Thanks.......Lee
acre

Re: Slider volumes

Post by acre »

Any ideas folks??

Thanks.......Lee
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

My first guess is, aren't the part volumes saved with the setup?..
acre

Post by acre »

Thank you, Artemiy.

I see what you mean. I may have overlooked that setting! I must give that a try. One of my playing venues is a duet act whereby the guitarist and I trade off bass lines during a song (He has the lower two strings of his guitar routed through a MIDI module and hence plays bass and rhythm at the same time). I'll give it a whirl and report back.

Also, I assume if that is the issue, then by cycling the sliders, I over-ride the volume levels in Setup. That is likely where my issue is. My levels are set too high in the Bass. I'll investigate further.

Thanks and regards.......Lee
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I don't have the RD, but on other Rolands, when you set the patches to your parts, you can save it as a "performance" or "live set", etc. And part volumes are saved within each such set.