Decision to Purchase RD 700 GX In light of Key Wear Issue

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
Beaglemania

Re: Decision to Purchase RD 700 GX In light of Key Wear Issu

Post by Beaglemania »

Hi Lee.

Did you get your slider issue addressed?

I dropped by one of our local stores and priced other Yorkville speakers.

There's a model below the NX55's that goes for around $500 cdn each. I can purchase one now, if I do buy the RD 700, and get another one witihn 6 months or so. I might be able to use my keyboard amp as a second speaker until then, but I know the sound will not be true stereo. Who knows, just might bite the bullet and buy two of them right away, but it is a huge cash outlay on top of the $3k for the RD 700.

Another store I visited is really big on the Kawai ES6 (as they carry these in normal inventory). Kawai has great piano tones, but I don't like the action compared to the RD 700 and it has only 30 tones and none of the on board features of the RD.

Art.
milsnips

Post by milsnips »

i'd say i play about 2 hours a day on average. Mixed playing, more 70's rock style songs these days so i'm hitting th keys a little harder too.
Mystic38

Post by Mystic38 »

@beaglemania

Regarding speakers..

If you are going to play mostly at home i would strongly recommend u get a pair of powered monitor speakers rather than small pa speakers.. the difference in fidelity and ease of listening is massive.. PA speakers are designed for robustness and volume not fidelity...not for highest quality tonal reproduction at home.

then, if you are going to play out, at a party or such then just use the keyaboard amp u have.. if everyone is drunk..who cares what it sounds like? :)..of course if you are going to get paid, then fork out for a pair of pa skeakers or 2 behringer k1800fx
Beaglemania

Post by Beaglemania »

great advice Mystic.

I'm looking at the Yamaha MSR 100's... some great specs and along with the true stereo sound, some decent power, also much like a PA system. This would be the best of both worlds. They would be around $800 cdn for a pair.

Thanks again!