Voies & Tones

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
nathbeadle

Voies & Tones

Post by nathbeadle »

Hey Clan

I've noticed with intense playing some drop in polyphony when layering... which isn't odd as that's how things works with multiple sounds in stereo. I went to check the manual of the 700GX and see how many voices are in each tone to figure out the max number of keys I can press down for some of my setups to find... NOTHING!

I can't believe Roland didn't include this, as it's included in pretty much all other manuals of Roland boards I own.

Does anyone have any knowledge of whether this is published elsewhere or if this can even be found out. I've noticed a few others hitting this issue but don't grasp polyphony properly and would be great if we could actually know when we press a key with a epiano sound that we're using 3 voices with each key.

Thanks in advance for the insight and help!
S-E-A

Re: Voies & Tones

Post by S-E-A »

I had a look at the other RD-700 manuals, and it's not there either.
I assume Roland must have thought 128 tones to play with would be enough.

It might be worth asking Roland, just in case there is a document somewhere with the info you want that us mere mortals haven't got access to.
nathbeadle

Post by nathbeadle »

Hmmm, good to know. The other two keyboards I have do list the voices (Fantom Xa, RS-70) so I just found it odd that such a good piece of info would be missing.

I've never had to get in touch with Roland for something like this... any suggestions?
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Nathbeadle! Roland Canada is usually very helpful. Go here to request more info. I might suggest that if you haven't already done so, please register your product.

Cheers!
PiaKnowGuy
Please listen to 'Pirates' done entirely on the Fantom X8

PiaKnow
nathbeadle

Post by nathbeadle »

Well I have not received a reply back from Roland.... anyone know how to figure this out on our own? I'm guessing I just hit a note really hard, then another, then another until one not drops out and then count?? :)