editing setup files

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
yibers

editing setup files

Post by yibers »

I am interested in trying to figure out the format of the RD700GX setup files. That way an editor can be will which will allow to modify the setup files on a computer.

This will make it much easier to work with the files, move specific patches between setups, share setups, etc.

I work as a programmer, so I already have some technical background.

Anybody here tried something like this? Do you have any information about these setup files?

I just started looking at them. Their extension is RDS (duh). There do seem to be some noticeable patterns inside the file.

Please tell me if you already have something. If I find something more, I will post the information gladly
pip_

Re: editing setup files

Post by pip_ »

Hi,

Perhaps this document is of help to you:
www.roland.co.uk/assets/media/pdf/RD-700GX_MI.pdf
Chapter 3 describes the structure of the set-ups, if you perform a Bulk Dump function.

Would be great if there would be some way to edit these settings on the computer. It's doable on the RD-700GX, but it's not a great pleasure...
Marlinka

Re: editing setup files

Post by Marlinka »

I am looking into writing a setup file editor for the RD700GX. I am a very experienced programmer.
Does anyone have any info on the RDS file structure that has not already been published on this forum. I have figured out live set name encoding and live set checksum. Other checksums within the file are proving difficult to understand. Can any one help?