K-RD700GX1-Installation: A really good 1st April joke!

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
bsmufu

Re: K-RD700GX1-Installation: A really good 1st April joke!

Post by bsmufu »

Did you get the files? The same story with me. Could a blessed soul send it to my email? brpardal@yahoo.com.br
Thanks in advance.
Machado
Chris-S

Post by Chris-S »

bobmusic wrote: 23:30, 6 April 2010 tell me your eMail_adress!

Robert
Hi people, almost 10 years later and I'm in the same situation. If anyone is still here, my email is smalt@online.nl

Thanks and best regards, Chris
bobmusic

Post by bobmusic »

Hi Chris,

that's really a long time ago :) I will have to search for this file in my backups...

Best regards, Robert
Chris-S

Post by Chris-S »

That would be great! I'm still using the GX live and bought a spare that appears to have been "updated" with the 1.06 firmware.
bobmusic

Post by bobmusic »

Hi Chris,

I didn't find any files and I tried to remember how everything worked.
The 1.06 firmware is the latest available, you can download it here:
https://www.roland.com/de/support/by_pr ... s_drivers/
If System 1.06 is already installed, your piano should recognize the K-RD700GX1 expansion card. Maybe there is a contact problem? You could try to plug it out and set it in again.
Is the card even installed in your instrument? There are two slots for SRX-Expansions on the back of your instrument. Here you can see what the original package looked like:
https://www.roland.com/de/products/k-rd700gx1/

Good luck and best regards,
Robert
Chris-S

Post by Chris-S »

Thanks, I understood from Roland's page that the 1.06 update disabled the SuperNatural Piano card, maybe I'm mistaken.
db1

Post by db1 »

Hey @bobmusic and all,

I have exactly the same issue after getting a K-RD700GX1 without USB memory key and even the Roland support denies to help to just provide a v2 or v2.1 software update...

@bobmusic: The 1.06 version does not yet support the SuperNATURAL Piano Kit, but an official Roland response told it should be version 2, which is not available on the official Roland website and only available through the USB Sticks or great users from this forum that are able to share it.

Could you provide me the software as a ZIP? Maybe upload to a Google drive and provide the shared link to download?
db1

Post by db1 »

Dear all,

after lots of investigations and trying to reach somebody that could help, finally an awesome user "hattrick" from the Musiker-Board forums found the USB Stick and provided the V2.01 Software to me and it worked! Now, the SuperNATURAL Piano Kit (K-RD700GX1) works on my RD-700GX and I am enjoying the awesome piano sounds. To contribute to the Roland community, I will provide the ZIP download for everybody having the same issue, please get it here:

https://drive.google.com/u/5/uc?id=1g64 ... t=download

With this software version 2.01 the Roland RD-700GX must be updated and only then it can access the new sounds from the SuperNATURAL Piano Kit. Just extract the files from the ZIP onto a clean USB stick and install it. (Check manual from the Roland Website)

Now, the community can reduce the frustration about the bad Roland support, they did not want to take a few minutes to check their software archive and provide the software via their website, instead they took the minutes to write me why they won't give support for a high-end product which they sell as solid long-term music equipment for the stage. The RD-700GX is still a high-end stage piano and a long-term investment, for this Roland should care about their customers and provide a bit of support to increase their customer satisfaction.