way to much percussion on tone wheel Hammond B3

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
woods glen

way to much percussion on tone wheel Hammond B3

Post by woods glen »

How do i program the percussion volumes to something a little softer??

It take away from the organ sound!

Thanks
howardS

Re: way to much percussion on tone wheel Hammond B3

Post by howardS »

I really wish they would allow us to set percussion to soft just like on a B3.
howardS

Post by howardS »

I just tried the tonewheel organ on the Integra-7 and it has an option that allows you set percussion to soft. Come on Roland, you have to add this to the RD700NX as it is clearly missing. Version 2.01 anyone?
torhus

Post by torhus »

I don't expect Roland to keep supporting the NX now, three years down the line, but I agree that would be nice. There are other features I miss too, like being able to assign portamento and legato on/off to the S1/S2 buttons. Or an option to have the global EQ setting persist after turning the device off and on again.

I think the 2.0 version was a last ditch attempt to sell the NX to new buyers, not to an attempt to fix minor shortcomings for those who already own it. The law of diminishing returns and all that.

But then again, I have less then a year's worth of experience as a Roland customer (not counting the D-50 I once owned).
howardS

Post by howardS »

I dont expect continued support, torhus, but I think it is ok to ask. ;-)

I agree that it would be great if they added the features you are suggesting. Global EQ save...come on, that's an obvious one which should be there. I would also add to our list of requests that it would be great to have the ability to manipulate the drawbars by sending MIDI CC information so we could use MIDI sliders. Perhaps some of these things will be added one day .....or not...who knows.
howardS

Post by howardS »

I was looking at the manual for the RD-800 and see that they added the percussion soft/normal option. They also added a third slider menu so you can use sliders now to more easily get to the 9th drawbar and the percussion elements. It would be great if Roland gave us RD700nx the percussion soft/normal option as it was clearly missed from the organ model. That extra menu would also be a nice improvement. Both these items seem like things that could be addressed in a firmware update.