using effects pedals with GX

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
milsnips

using effects pedals with GX

Post by milsnips »

hi there,

Im interested to find out more info about connecting effects pedals (like the ones used for guitars) to the output, so i can manipulate the sounds on the fly. But because these are digital keyboards, not analogue i dont know how this would turn out. I know there are some pedals like the "Analogiser" which i could run through first before applying the other effect pedals but is it worth the cost or should i just go out and get myself an old-school analog keyboard (like the korg CX-3) which could work well with the effects pedals?

thanks,
Paul
kenchan

Re: using effects pedals with GX

Post by kenchan »

the RD's outputs are analog so you're fine. but guitar pedals are not optimized for full bandwidth usually so you may loose some resolution in your sound (especially overtones)....which can be a good thing for EP's and such to get the old skool sound.

btw, im not familiar with the GX, but on my NX i have A LOT of onboard MFX which can cover most pedals out there (yet in stereo)... have you messed with your onboard effects? they should be selectable on/off using the S1/S2 switches too just north of your pitchbend/mod lever if you program it that way...or maybe your FC's.