Native Instruments, adam a3x and rokit 6 users please advise

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
WelshMikey

Native Instruments, adam a3x and rokit 6 users please advise

Post by WelshMikey »

I am strongly thinking about buying the RD700nx as it feels and sounds like the professional version of my old dgx/ypg 620. I have just one issue with it, you cant upload new patches. I also cant decide between two monitors. So I want to know:

1) Is the RD700nx compatible with Native Instruments software on a PC? i.e. can it be linked to a pc and the rd700nx keys used to play sounds on the computer? And if so is it possible to play the RD700NX built in sounds and the PC Native instruments at the same time? Please answer for this instrument and software not a generic answer of the rd700nx having usb midi capability, thank you.

2) I will mostly play in a small room to a few friends, using pre-recroded sounds I liked the rockit 6 and the adam a3x, but I am concerned about the bass on both, I feel the rockit 6 may be too little and the adam a3x too much. Has anyone used either of these monitors with the rd700nx? (or rd700gx as i assume the results will be similar) if so please could you give me your opinion. Thank you.
SteinO

Re: Native Instruments, adam a3x and rokit 6 users please ad

Post by SteinO »

I am strongly thinking about buying the RD700nx as it feels and sounds like the professional version of my old dgx/ypg 620. I have just one issue with it, you cant upload new patches. I also cant decide between two monitors. So I want to know:

1) Is the RD700nx compatible with Native Instruments software on a PC? i.e. can it be linked to a pc and the rd700nx keys used to play sounds on the computer? And if so is it possible to play the RD700NX built in sounds and the PC Native instruments at the same time? Please answer for this instrument and software not a generic answer of the rd700nx having usb midi capability, thank you.

2) I will mostly play in a small room to a few friends, using pre-recroded sounds I liked the rockit 6 and the adam a3x, but I am concerned about the bass on both, I feel the rockit 6 may be too little and the adam a3x too much. Has anyone used either of these monitors with the rd700nx? (or rd700gx as i assume the results will be similar) if so please could you give me your opinion. Thank you.
1)
The RD700NX has USB MIDI so anything using midi on your PC can be controlled. You don't say what Native Instruments product you are using but I'am using NI Komplete and it works great with RD700GX.

RD700NX can play both the built in sounds and at the same time controll/play Native Instruments.I think the RD700NX sounds need to to be fed to the input of your soundcard or a mixer in order to be mixed with the Native Instruments sounds (at least RD700GX cannot send audio over the USB connection)

2)
I have the Rockit 6 speakers myself and like them very much :-) I think it's possible to buy a sub for them if you need more bass. I dont.
WelshMikey

Re: Native Instruments, adam a3x and rokit 6 users please ad

Post by WelshMikey »

Great response thank you =). I'm not sure what native instrument products I will use yet but I want some strings and I really like the evolve bundle. I will have to see how far my budget stretches.