how to assign pedals?

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
ZeroZero

how to assign pedals?

Post by ZeroZero »

Could someone be kind enough to show me how to assign vibrato to the pedals (RPU 3 type) on a RD 700NX?
There is a video on the roland site that demontrates but does not actually explain how.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC0mY7Nz ... plcpAnyone please>

thanks
torhus

Re: how to assign pedals?

Post by torhus »

It depends on what you mean by vibrato, and which Tone or Live Set you want it on. The quick way to assign a controller is to hold the SHIFT button and then use the controller. This works for pedals too; hold SHIFT and press the pedal. But you might have to select a vibrato effect in Tone Edit for it to work. There are other effects that sound like "vibrato", like tremolo or wah-wah.

To change what the faders do, hold SHIFT and press the CONTROL/LAYER LEVEL button.
ZeroZero

Post by ZeroZero »

Thank you for the reply but I don't understand yet.

The video talks of "vibrato" but in the corner of the video (about half way through in trhe upper corner)there is 'tremolo depth" displayed- so I guess he means that .

Suppose I want to assign tremelo to SA E.Piano 1.....

First ,I select this sound by hitting the 3 button on the panel under E PIANO.

Then I hit tone edit?
Then I find Tremolo SW (I think this means switch - SW)
Then I hold down shift and press the middle pedal (I know you cant assign the sustain pedal).

then....

nothing?

Having read the manual I am still foggy on live sets I suppose that I do something like the above (but not exactly) then I hit User, write, assign a number and a name, then hit enter. Is this correct. I dont understand your use of the word "Tone" in your context above.

I am obviously doing something wrong :(

Could someone walk me through this please.
torhus

Post by torhus »

For SA E.Piano 1 you only need to assign MFX2 SW to the pedal. When you hold SHIFT and press the pedal, you will see that the S2 button is already assigned to the same function. MFX2 SW for the pedal is at the end of the list, number 140.