Difference rd-700gx and rd-700nx

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
BudX6

Difference rd-700gx and rd-700nx

Post by BudX6 »

What is the difference between the 700gx and 700nx?

I see some difference in the control knobs, but what else?
I know they have great ac piano and el piano sounds, but are there synths, bases strings, etc?
The nx seems to have an organ specific section., and be $200 or so more in price.
Does it do Hammond organ sounds better than the gx?

Thanks for any answer.

Bud
delirium

Re: Difference rd-700gx and rd-700nx

Post by delirium »

get a specs from rolandus.com and compare.
There are many differences like PHIII versus PHII keys, lack of expansion slots on NX, SN piano is not included on GX so need to get SN piano KIT and install. Personally I'd go for NX. There are stage pianos so synth sound are lame and minimal, organs are OK but not great.
howardS

Post by howardS »

"There are stage pianos so synth sound are lame and minimal"

Although it is a stage piano I find that the synth sounds are pretty good, delirium, although tweaking only goes so deep on these boards. It requires some digging but there are some great patches there so I wouldn't call it lame. Have you listened to this demo of the Synthesizer capability by John Maul? The synth sounds particularly good to me at 6:42 in that video.
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

i would just get the NX. the GX-F is nice if you have SRX expansion layaround though.

been playing my NX almost every day since taking ownership back in Dec2011. im loving every second playing it. :) the piano's are, imho, complete. very rich tone with character.