RD-700NX System Program Version 2.00 available

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
kenchan

Re: RD-700NX System Program Version 2.00 available

Post by kenchan »

yah, i tried it but it did not fix the problem. and i think the wav resolution is worse on the playback than before...?

and the worst part is i lost all the gray button programs i had in there. that really sucked. i thought those would be saved with the live sets. oh well. i need to re-program those again.

so, i recommend not doing the update unless you want that wireless dongle thing with ipad.
howardS

Post by howardS »

It's too bad you lost all the gray button edits. Thanks for checking if the update included a fix of the playback issue. The only thing Roland claimed to add with version 2.00, other than the iPad app, were:

- 50 new Live Sets optimized for the RD-700NX
- The number of User Live Sets have been increased from 100 to 200

though it would have been nice if that bug was fixed. They need to get that worked out along with adding the ability to have the organ drawbars respond to external controllers with CC commands and being able to set organ percussion to soft.
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

there was some other thing roland said they improved on v2.0 in the pdf...but anyway i have the gray buttons now all re-programmed again.

yah, there's still room for improvement on the system side of the RD for sure. i think there should be ways to copy all program parameter and dump into the gray button of choice too.

do you guys actually use the synth sounds in the RD? i rarely use the board in split so only on occasion do i use synth basss split with ep...that's about all. 99% of the time im playing just acoustic piano's on it. :)
howardS

Post by howardS »

It would be great to be able to save to the grey buttons of choice as you suggest. I would also like to be able to change and save the rhythm to the metronome as well.

Also, I use a lot of the synth sounds in the RD, Kenchan, although I also use the piano an awful lot as you do. I use the pianos for most of my practicing.
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

Huh, I thought you could save metronome to both the live and gray button patches....
Let me see if I can save to the gray buttons later. Its tricky as once you make the change ud need to go back to tone edit and write.

I use the internal rhythm for practice. In fact the soft pedal is my start/stop. :D

Yah the v2 has a lot of synth patches. I went through each one of them yesterday. Why they have to program them so loud? Lol
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

yah, i was able to set up metronome for the gray buttons.

hit TONE EDIT
hit MENU, then 6 (set up your metronme pattern)
hit MENU
hit TONE EDIT, and WRITE, ENTER

while you're at it, you can program your soft pedal for start/stop and other features.
hit MENU, then 2 (setup FC1 to 136: RHY PLY/STOP)
hit MENU
hit TONE EDIT, and WRITE, ENTER
howardS

Post by howardS »

Whoa, that works! Thank you.
howardS

Post by howardS »

This method allows you to save settings for the switches as well. Thanks, Kenchan.
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

hey glad it worked for you, howard. :D