RD-700NX System Program Version 2.00 available

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
JunoJohn

RD-700NX System Program Version 2.00 available

Post by JunoJohn »

howardS

Re: RD-700NX System Program Version 2.00 available

Post by howardS »

Are user Live Sets are lost when you upgrade to 2.0. Someone try this upgrade and let us know.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Did I wait for an answer...of course not! The update does erase your user Live Sets so be sure to back it all up so you can restore it from the backup. ....I did ;-)
torhus

Post by torhus »

What happens when you restore the old 100 live sets after upgrading? Does it overwrite some of the new live sets that the update added?

.. And does it also overwrite the One Touch (gray buttons) sounds?

I'm just trying to figure out if I need to write down the settings of my most important live sets before I do the update.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Yes, when you restore the old 100 live sets it seems to just overwrite that first 100. I saved the new live sets to a backup so now I have my old patches in one live set and the new ones in a second live set. I only played with it briefly but when you restore it seems to keep in temporary memory the last live set you had loaded from before the restore. So I think I may be able to just load the old set, find the live set I want to move and then restore the new sets and then place it in an empty spot. It's a little cumbersome but I hold had about 15 user sets that I need to restore.

As far as the one touch sounds, I cant say for certain if it changed those patches. I will need to test that later and report back, torhus. I do know that it saved my settings for S1 and my global setting as I have S1 always set to tap tempo and that worked with the new live sets.
torhus

Post by torhus »

It looks like the new user live sets are just copies of presets (like the old ones were), so there's no reason not to just overwrite them by loading your old live set file. In any case, you can use the factory reset function to restore individual live sets.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Ah, that saves me some work, torhus. Thanks. :-)
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

instead of these useless features, i wish roland would frikken fix the wav playback + keyboard playing = note release cut-off problem.
howardS

Post by howardS »

I wonder if this or anything else was fixed? Have you tested it, kenchan?
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

howardS wrote:I wonder if this or anything else was fixed? Have you tested it, kenchan?
hey howard. no, i have not. it's not worth it to me because it does not seem to fix the core issue i have with the RD. not that i can't use the RD as it is right now, i was hoping roland would finally fix that note release cut-off when playing over wav files. or offer better rhythm sounds and patterns.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Hey Ken. I just recorded 60 seconds of playing and then played it back and tried to get it to trip up but couldn't get that release cut-off problem to occur. I played many notes including ones at the top that just ring on and couldn't duplicate the issue. Is there a minimum size that the wav file needs to be before it becomes a problem?
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

howardS wrote:Hey Ken. I just recorded 60 seconds of playing and then played it back and tried to get it to trip up but couldn't get that release cut-off problem to occur. I played many notes including ones at the top that just ring on and couldn't duplicate the issue. Is there a minimum size that the wav file needs to be before it becomes a problem?
im using stereo wav file 44.1kHz 32bit drum loops i made from logic and playing it in the background while i play the piano's on the RD700NX. file sizes aren't that big, maybe 5min in length (stereo file).

it was the same way on the demo NX at a music store long time ago, and as seen on youtube... one of the main reasons why it took me so long to buy the RD700NX in the first place. the piano's note release cuts off especially when i play fast repetitive chords over wav files.

wish roland would fix this first. to this day im still using cubase and the extenal CI2+ controller to play drum loops off mbp...
kenchan

Post by kenchan »

guess i will try the v2 update later on tonight. :p

will see how it goes. ive backed everything up a few days ago so should be a walk in the park. will report back if the note cut-off problem is fixed or not.
howardS

Post by howardS »

................drum roll please...... ;-)
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »