Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
ewanh

Midi clock

Post by ewanh »

Hi

My rig is 700sx
Vsynth
Sh201

Rd is the master in that I select a setup and all the other synths get sent messages on what patches they switch to.

Currently the rd is the master clock to sync to. However I would ideally lie the v synth to do this as the tempo control s more ands on for in the fly switching

Is ths possible? I got it working but only going out of v synth into rd and then having notes transmitted which I don't want

Please help
torhus

Re: Midi clock

Post by torhus »

Wouldn't the MIDI signal do a full loop back to the board it came from then? I don't know if that's problem as I've never tried that. But if it's enough that only one of the other boards get the clock signal you could connect the V-Synth's MIDI out to just that board's MIDI in. One less problem.

To avoid having notes transmitted: If the V-Synth has a way to disable sending other MIDI while still sending the clock signal, use that. If not, you could set it to send on a channel that the other boards ignore. Set Omni to off if they have a setting like that. It's possible that you can't actually prevent this, though.

I don't have any of those boards, so I can't give you the exact solution, sorry.