Quick access to Live Sets

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
dalemmi

Quick access to Live Sets

Post by dalemmi »

Hi everyone,
I feel that adhoc program changes take too much time on the RD700NX. Is there any quick way to access Live Sets - like punching in the Live Set number?
My good old XP50 Synth allowed to prepare sound changes during live playing: You would just pre-select the desired patch number, which would then be displayed flashing but only become active, once you confirmed by the Enter key. Is there any function like this on the RD700?
Matthias
torhus

Re: Quick access to Live Sets

Post by torhus »

I'm afraid you have to plan ahead if you want easy adhoc patch changes. One way is using the Favorites mode. Another would be to use the User presets the same way, just save Live Sets in an order that makes the ten buttons act as quick access buttons. (You can hold down a button to change which live set gets called up when you press it.) In addition you could use +/- buttons to access variations of a sound, etc.
dalemmi

Re: Quick access to Live Sets

Post by dalemmi »

Using the Favorites mode has the disadvantage that it's not possible to go into the layer edit mode at the same time. I am usually playing in this mode to see what layers my current sound has available. Sometimes I also do online editing while playing (bad habit from my synth past...), changing parts, effect settings, etc. All this would be difficult with the favorites mode, because you need two hands to enable it.

Matthias