RD700NX Librarian

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
MarcoPolo

RD700NX Librarian

Post by MarcoPolo »

Hi all,

I have created a RD700-NX librarian, anyone interested can view a video on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y75jvIaz3yU or visit http://www.urbanlegendband.co.uk/GeekPage.aspx. You will also find various answers to RD-700NX questions/problems that have been posted in the past on the forum. I have been wanting to post info for months but due to the problems with forum registrations have been unable to do this. Roland UK have been helpful with their replies, but some things the keyboard just will not do, for example a MIDI data dump, patch increment/decrement without tying up a pedal in system mode for all eternity etc. For these questions/answers and more please visit the Urban Legend Band site.
torhus

Re: RD700NX Librarian

Post by torhus »

Nice, thanks! But where is the download link?

If I could make a suggestion: It would be nice if the Live Sets where somehow grouped by which button they belong to. But don't sweat it, this is still a lot better than what we had before (nothing at all).
howardS

Post by howardS »

I like that suggestion, torhus. Thanks for your efforts, MarcoPolo. When are you planning on releasing it?
MarcoPolo

Post by MarcoPolo »

I initially devloped this to ease the pain of altering my own live sets rather than to distribute and I am sure you will appreciate that this it a lot of devolpment time to figure out the file structure etc and then program up the software. I am currently working on the MSI installation software etc. It will then be ready for release; hopefully in a couple of days.

Any further development really depends on the interest shown by users. I like your idea of grouping by buttons. Other ideas that have occurred to me are; the data for the one touch button and system settings is also included in the Live set file so include that, and the possibility of bulk transfer of voices from one place to another, so the user could move whole chunks of live set data.

All of this takes programming time, and being an active musician I really bought my RD-700NX to play it rather than as a programming exercise ;-)

The software honestly works virtually instantaneously when swapping/moving voices so it is really easy to rearrange a whole live set. I had to play a completely different set on Friday and it took less than five minutes to completely rearrange it and reload it. That would have taken me half an hour or more on the actual keyboard.

I will keep the forum informed of developments.
dalemmi

Post by dalemmi »

Hi MarcoPolo,
this application is exactly what I have been wanting to create for the past couple of months. How can I get it, would you be willing to share it as a download?
Would you also share some of the knowledge you must have gained about the structure of the RDS-file in order to create this application? I would be very interested to do some tweaking on it myself.
MarcoPolo

Post by MarcoPolo »

The RD-700NX librarian is now packaged for distribution and I will be making it available shortly as donation ware. So far tested on 32 bit XP and Vista, 64 bit not checked yet but I will be doing this in the next couple of days (New Year of course intervening here).

dotNet 3.5 framework is required to run the software.
howardS

Post by howardS »

That's great. Does your software handle favorites at all?
howardS

Post by howardS »

Also, MarcoPolo, dalemmi discussed on this thread that he would like to create a librarian that included these features:

1 - sharing individual live sets
2 - editing grey buttons

Could either or both of these functions be added to your software?
dalemmi

Post by dalemmi »

Hi MarcoPolo,
what is the state of your librarian. Is it available yet?