Turning MIDI control of an external keyboard on and off

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
gcbruk

Turning MIDI control of an external keyboard on and off

Post by gcbruk »

Hi all,

I've just upgraded an old RD300 to a new RD-700nx. I use this to control a Juno Gi but I'm struggling to get the MIDI interface to behave as I need it to! It seems that the default setting for the SuperNatural piano One Touch presets is for MIDI / UP1 to be ON, i.e. when I select one of these presets sound is generated from the Juno and I have to hit the MIDI button and turn it off every time. One work around would be to create a set of User defined presets for each of the One Touch presets but with MIDI turned off - but I don't think there's any way of assigning these back to the One Touch buttons. So can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the default such that MIDI is OFF?

One other little question - the sustain pedal only seems to sustain the top layer in a set - is this intentional (it's not what I'd expect!). And similar to above, is there any way I can set the default so that sustain applies to all layers?

Many thanks,
Graham
kenchan

Re: Turning MIDI control of an external keyboard on and off

Post by kenchan »

on mine running v2.02, as soon as i hit the MIDI button it takes me to a user preset, so i cant save MIDI settings for the ONE TOUCH. is that what you're seeing?

in my case i wanted to do the other way around where i trigger the RD's ONE TOUCH from my FG8 via my DAW. the RD hates to be slaved. i would need to program my DAW to dedicate all 16ch for RD because i cant seem to turn off the RD's other GM channels. it layers with my FG and other instruments. the heck...