GX split

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
csongorista

GX split

Post by csongorista »

Hi there!

I'm new around here. I have a RD 700 GX and a my question is: is it possible in a bass/piani split situation to route bass out on a channel 1 lets say (line out jack) and piano stereo out on xlr outs or vice versa. The thing is I have to make a recording where this split should go on different channels real time.
Thanks!

Csongorista
howardS

Re: GX split

Post by howardS »

I have an RD700NX and wanted to do that on my RD for organ / piano splits so I could use my Ventilator leslie effect on the organ patch alone. The problem that I ran into was that while you can pan a layer hard right or hard left, the onboard master effects are stereo so the sound does come through both sides. If you are happy to play the patches clean and without any of the master effects (chorus/delay or reverb) then I think it should work. You can see how to pan the layers on page 92 of the GX manual.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Hey there, csongorista, I misread your question. You cannot split the XLR and Line into two separate channels. You can however pan the patches as I suggested in my last post.
melissamgm

Post by melissamgm »

Hey. I'm having the same issue. I split the RD700 keyboard and fully pan to each side, but there is too much bleed of sound, mostly the bass affecting the keys. I would like to split and pan the bass and keys fully. The sounds guys are complaining that they have to 'ride' my bass to compensate when they increase the keys for solos, etc. Any suggestions to fully separate the two sides of the split/pan so that there is no bleed? Thank you in advance.