Roland please build me this!

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
ZeroZero

Roland please build me this!

Post by ZeroZero »

I am a proud owner of a 700NX. I have also had a Stage II and I have given a real close look at the Kronus X too. It seems to me these are all good keyboards but all have missing essentials. There is no real market leading keyboard.

Without doubt the best keys are on the 700NX but it has its limits. The screen is too small and the hammond drawbar tech is too limiting. It's hard to get around.

I think what a lot of us need is the following:

A robust top flight keyboard of similar build quality but a bit lighter than the 700NX.

Simple to fit legs (opt extra)

An ability to have three piano pedals plus a swell too.

Don't change the PHA III keys they are just great!

An ability to put an IPAD or similar in front of the keyboard (like a sheet of manuscript paper), on a stand, and control all of our sounds and settings from there in a touch sensitive way.

*WIth the price of Androids tumbling you could even give a 'free' touch device with it.

Updateable on line library

these would include

Pianos, electric pianos (tine, rhodes), hammonds, farfisas, church type organs. All the sounds in the current NX and a synthesiser capable of new granular sounds and importing warping of natural sounds (e.g bicyles and burning painos like omnisphere sounds)

Ability to access the hard disk on the touch device for sound storage and editing
Aility to store sound sets in regular formats

At least eight faders. An ability to act fully as a controller keyboard

VST capability as a plugin in both 64 and 32 bit

Enough RAM and storage - not megabytes gigabytes

Personally I would pay top dollar for this - if it was quality