Recording with Drum Track [RD700NX]

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
mgldev

Recording with Drum Track [RD700NX]

Post by mgldev »

Hi Guys,

I've owned my NX for 2 weeks now, incredible unit, couldn't be happier.

I initially bought a Korg Krome as I liked the idea of having a workstation for quickly knocking up ideas, however being a pianist at heart the keybed on the Krome was an absolute disaster which led be to check out other keyboards where the keybed was the priority, hence landing on the RD700NX.

Now I know this keyboard isn't a workstation but it can record direct audio to the USB, which I've managed fine for basic recording. I can't, however, seem to find a way to choose a drum track, play along with a patch (i.e. piano) and record the two together. I can't find anything in the manual regarding this either.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

If not, I'll have to find a way to record the drums separately and use software to bring it all together.

Cheers,
Mike
torhus

Re: Recording with Drum Track [RD700NX]

Post by torhus »

I'm pretty sure you can't do this. What you can do is having software on your computer create the drum track and send it via MIDI to the NX. Then you can record internally. Or use full blow backing track software, like Band-in-a-Box or iReal b.
howardS

Re: Recording with Drum Track [RD700NX]

Post by howardS »

Torhus, you are right in that the RD cannot record MIDI. I like your suggesting of recording it on your computer and then playing along with that. Mgldev, another option is to use the rhythm backing built into the RD just to get your ideas out.