Wireless disconnecting on 300NX

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
splinters69

Wireless disconnecting on 300NX

Post by splinters69 »

Sorry if this is the wrong forum but its basically the same piano with less features. Bought the WNA1100 wireless adaptor today (vanilla version not the -RL) but it setup perfectly. I ran the NX editor and as soon as it connected the patch changed to In Da Groove on the keyboard then the app disconnected. Same thing each time i tried. Problems with the Air apps as well not recognising the piano.
I am running IOs7 and dont want to set up ad hoc. Is there a problem with the piano, adaptor and apps on ios7 or is the whole set up just a bit flaky?

Disappointed to see that no other apps recognise the piano i.e moog, korg synths, garageband etc.
Ia this normal? Wouldnt have bought the adaptor just to use the NX editor wirelessly.
I tried all the above with a cable and camera adaptor and they work perfectly.
Any ideas?
splinters69

Re: Wireless disconnecting on 300NX

Post by splinters69 »

I realise the two air apps are not IOS 7 compatible, i was more concerned with the NX editor. Three good bars of Wifi signal on the Piano and full on the iPad.
howardS

Post by howardS »

According to this page the RD-NX Editor only works with iOS 5.1 or later or iOS 6. So it's not just the air app that has a compatibility issue.
splinters69

Post by splinters69 »

Looks like both air apps got updated today...it says the NX editor is IOS7 compatible but there has been no update and still disconnecting....
howardS

Post by howardS »

Well, it's not yet updated on iTunes as they are still showing version 1.01.
splinters69

Post by splinters69 »

The link you provided says the latest version is ios7 compatible.
howardS

Post by howardS »

The support link does list it but the iTunes link doesn't seem to show it and, as I mentioned, the version hasn't been updated. It is still showing 1.01 which was not iOS7 compatible.
splinters69

Post by splinters69 »

Weird, if i go to iphone apps on my ipad they show up as version 1.0.4 for air recorder (which doesnt work with the RD300 anyway) and 1.0.1 for air performer but it shows in the version history that the .0.1 update made it ios7 compatible.
As for the NX editor, seems it needs a strong signal to work. I had 1 bar at times and it was cutting out. Needs 2 bars in the display to maintain connection. Ironically, buying the vanilla network stick bags an extension cable and cradle which worked much better. So saved money and got a better signal.

Wish the wireless would work with other (non roland) apps such as Garageband, Korg polysix, Animoog etc.