Hmmm, what about a replacement for the RD300nx?

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
howardS

Hmmm, what about a replacement for the RD300nx?

Post by howardS »

After checking out the specs on the RA 08 I am left wondering if they will bother with a replacement for the RD300nx as well. The FA 08 has the same or very similar keybed to the RD300nx and is a few pounds lighter. Sweetwater US shows them at the same price so that would likely shrink the market for the RD300nx. I know some want just the stage piano but I think lots of people will just go for the FA 08 instead given all that added functionality. Time will tell....
splinters69

Re: Hmmm, what about a replacement for the RD300nx?

Post by splinters69 »

You cant beat a well made metal chassis piano for live work. I was very interested in the FA08 but the all plastic construction put me off. Call me silly but i like premium materials which is the same reason i chose Mac over a windows laptop.
howardS

Post by howardS »

I agree completely, splinters69, which is why I have an RD700nx. I was simply wondering out loud whether they will replace the RD300nx given that some people who might have preferred that line, given the lighter weight great supernatural pianos, will now grab the FA 08 instead.
splinters69

Post by splinters69 »

I thought the same when i saw the press release. Same price, same keybed...maybe same piano sounds?
For me would still pay extra for a metal, road worthy chassis even if the insides were the same.