Ketron SD1000 module to RD700SX fault.Need solution.

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
Denv12

Ketron SD1000 module to RD700SX fault.Need solution.

Post by Denv12 »

Sorry,I had to edit this post to add more detail.

I have a Roland RD700SX stage piano and I just bought the Ketron SD1000 sound module.
I was told by another user,not manufacturer,there's as bugging issue where the RD is sending active sensing message causing the SD1000 to bug with the Midi Port.This prevents the SD1000 from playing some tones/sounds.This problem doesnt exist through USB.

This is how I connect them up:
I connect the module to the piano with 1 MIDI cable,Midi In (module) to Midi Out1(piano).
dual RCAs from L-R module to dual RCAs to amplifier.
I can use dual RCAs to dual 1/4 in to input of Tascam DP03 recorder/mixer.
I switch on piano,module,amp.
I switch on external button.
I bring up screen so it says: MSB LSB PC.
I can add the banks:0,1,10,11.
I can scroll through the sounds 1-128.
When I play each sound I get a lot of pianos,more pianos than there are on there.When I try to play the electric pianos,it will play only 2 of the 20.
Thats where the problem is.

Here's where it gets interesting.I still have the Ketron SD2 sound module I bought in January.I connect it up the same way and its perfect.No faults at all.Why is one module faulty and the other isnt? Where is the problem?

I need to find a way to correct this.Is there a way to get the RD700SX to get the signal right?
I know that connecting the module,piano and a computer/ipad,etc is one way of solving this but if I can do this via MIDI cables I'd prefer to do it that way.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.