RD300NX dampher

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
Unusualsound

RD300NX dampher

Post by Unusualsound »

Hello,guys.
I ve just bought Roland Rd300nx and I am very happy with touch feeling and piano sounds.I want to use it as a master keyboard connected to Motu Miditimepiece AV USB and control all my midi modules(kurzweil,emu,yamaha...).When I record any midi track on Steinberg (Nuendo or Cubase) software playing Roland RD , I use a sustain pedal.Here is a problem.With one touch damper pedal multiply (5 or 6) sustain symbols appear in Sequencer score.Another touch-five more sustain symbols in score.It makes editing very difficult.How to turn off extra data transmitting on Roland RD series?I need one dampher symbol with each touch -pressed,another symbol when released.As I have on my all other keyboards.Appreciate your help.
bgiles

Re: RD300NX dampher

Post by bgiles »

Hi, the multiple entries may be because the DP10 pedal switch on the side is set to 'Continuous' rather than 'switch', so each movement transmits a new value rather than just on/off.
I've always found it better to try and record to sequencer software without the use of the damper pedal, particularly if recording multiple tracks, as I've often found the pedal triggers bleed into the other tracks on playback.
Unusualsound

Post by Unusualsound »

Thanks for a reply.Agree,I use damper for piano parts only,when it is really required.I tried to set a pedal to switch ,it did not solve the problem,reduced number of symbols though(I have 3-4 now instead of 5-6 in continuous mode).I should change some Roland RD setting ,because the same pedals work fine with other master keyboards in the same setup.If anyone know how to make sustain pedal working simple- only on-off, let me know.Thanks a lot.
howardS

Post by howardS »

I had a faulty DP-8 once which was doing that even in 'switch' mode. If your pedal works fine with other keyboards then perhaps the connection on the RD is the problem. Are you getting different values or just 0 and 127? Have you tried the pedal in FC1 or FC2 just to see how it works in those jacks? You need to see if the problem is the jack on the RD or the pedal itself.
bgiles

Post by bgiles »

Just checked my RD-800 with DP10 pedal, Local OFF, Record ON, and MIDI-OX software to read the data.
After changing the pedal dip-switch to 'SWITCH', my RD-800 transmits one intermediate value followed by ON (7F) when the pedal is depressed, and one intermediate value followed by OFF (00) on pedal release, but I had to restart the keyboard after changing the dip-switch.
Couldn't see any settings other than polarity on the keyboard.
Maybe the RD-300NX reads the signals differently?
Unusualsound

Post by Unusualsound »

Thanks for help,tried everything,but still the same problem.I can record a pedal with a different keyboard,but it is weird to have an extra keyboard in setup only for sustain.Thank everyone.