keyboard transposing by itself

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
David N

keyboard transposing by itself

Post by David N »

I have an RD 300 that for the past few months has been transposing up a half step by itself usually within 30 seconds to 2 minutes after powering up and playing. This has been going on off and on for the past few months. It can be fine for a while and then the problem happens again. Have already tried re-initializing the factory specs.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so - what was the solution?

thanks,

david N
jptalley

Re: keyboard transposing by itself

Post by jptalley »

I have owned a RD-700SX for several years. At a recent gig I noticed that every time I struck a note or chord with any force the pitch would start climbing up with every stroke. It would only come down if I reset the sound or turned the piano off and back on. After further investigation I discovered that it was only happening on the first PIANO setting. On any other sound (ELEC PIANO, etc) there was no problem. On the next gig there was no problem with the pitch. But, I did find, in a later recording session, that I could not transmit MIDI out. The only answer I have been able to come up with is a possible AC power issue. The initial problem took place at a gig on a ranch in central Texas. Maybe the power there was somewhat lower or higher than 110V......not sure. Luckily the pitch problem hasn't occurred again, but I still have the MIDI problem.

John T