Kurzweil with built in speakers better than 700gx thru jbl's

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
roland65

Kurzweil with built in speakers better than 700gx thru jbl's

Post by roland65 »

Thanks in advance for any help on this. I have researched this for months and cannot find an answer.

My church owns a Kurzweil digital piano and I play CCM with my band at church every Sunday. The keys are cheap plastic and the sounds are inferior to my roland 700gx. But live it sounds better than my roland and I cannot figure out why. When I take the roland to church, I plug left and right outs from roland into my personal behringer mixer and then go out of the mixer to my two JBL EON G2 (10 inch) powered speakers. Then I run out of the mixer to the house. The house sound is fine...the problem is what I hear thru my jbl's. Strings and epianos are great...acoustic piano terrible.

The reason I mention the Kurzweil is because it has built in speakers and for some reason these sound better than my roland thru my jbl's!!..But these built in speakers can't be better than my jbls's can they? Most pro boards do not have built in speakers. My Roland sounds so "dead" with my current setup that I opt to just play the Kurzweil...keys feel like crap and sounds are not as good but the acoustic piano sounds so much better live.

Thanks for any help.

P.s. Frustrated!!! This board is too good not to play live.
bgiles

Re: Kurzweil with built in speakers better than 700gx thru j

Post by bgiles »

Hello roland65
Topic viewtopic.php?f=28&t=48989 may prove helpful.