Ready to Buy an RD-800 - A Question

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
Ron C.

Ready to Buy an RD-800 - A Question

Post by Ron C. »

I am looking to buy a new RD-800. Feel in this price range this keyboard delivers the best acoustic pianos. My question - from photos I did not realize the top of the board is all plastic, but it is. My current board (Kurzweil PC3LE8) is all metal top and bottom; a tank. Will this RD-800 plastic upper housing be vulnerable to breakage, scratching and, in general, not prove to be durable for carting around to stage venues?

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.
Ron C.
bgiles

Re: Ready to Buy an RD-800 - A Question

Post by bgiles »

Haven't see any reports of breakages, even read somewhere that the Roland guys dropped their RD-800 down the stairs, and it didn't sustain any damage.

I suppose if the cost and weight have to come down, something has to go, and that was the aluminium top.
Personally, I'm glad for the weight reduction, but preferred the upward sloping back of the previous models.
lekanout

Re: Ready to Buy an RD-800 - A Question

Post by lekanout »

As an ex owner of the 700 series metal case,here is my opinion:
I'm often on stage as a semi pro player(little and big scenes)and have no worries about the 800 reliability.
The plastic case of the 800 is high class plastic,not like the entry level plastic case you can find on the market.
And all the advantage from the nx(new eps,new pianos..etc et )are a great value.

G try it if you can,i'm sure you will love it.