RD 800 Transpose layer in live set

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
Frédéric

RD 800 Transpose layer in live set

Post by Frédéric »

hello
in live set mode , for example, layer 1 piano and layer 2 pad , I do not understand how in-game only increase the octave of layer 2 pad using FC1 pedal or even S1.
if someone could help me .
thank you very much
kempus

Re: RD 800 Transpose layer in live set

Post by kempus »

Hi,

Hold down shift and press FC1 pedal. You can then scroll through all the messages for that pedal, one is octave up.

Then, edit the live set and find the tick boxes for the FC1 pedal, and untick FC1 for all but Layer 2.

Simples :)

Sorry the instructions are not very specific but I don't have the piano in front of me

Tim
Frédéric

Post by Frédéric »

thank you for your help Tim

After assigned to FC1 octave up , it does not work
Even by unchecking all boxes FC1 in the live set menu , transposition is done on all layers !!!!

I'm lost
howardS

Post by howardS »

Here's my guess. Octave up or down is not the same as transpose up or down. Octave up and down are system wide. I think you are trying to get transpose up or down to be sent to just one layer and that is likely only done by sending MIDI data.
kempus

Post by kempus »

OK, I have had a look at mine - it seems you can't do it with octave up/down, that is system wide. But, you can do it with pitch bend. Assign the pedal to pitchbend up or down. Then edit layer 2 by using shift and the layer 2 button. You can adjust the pitch bend range in one of the menus. Set it to 12 for the layer you want to octave change , and 0 for the others. This isn't perfect though as the pitch bent sound is not a true octave jump.

Hope this helps a bit
Tim
Frédéric

Post by Frédéric »

howardS wrote:Here's my guess. Octave up or down is not the same as transpose up or down. Octave up and down are system wide. I think you are trying to get transpose up or down to be sent to just one layer and that is likely only done by sending MIDI data.
Hi
Can tell me how to do it ?
Thank you
Frédéric

Post by Frédéric »

kempus wrote:OK, I have had a look at mine - it seems you can't do it with octave up/down, that is system wide. But, you can do it with pitch bend. Assign the pedal to pitchbend up or down. Then edit layer 2 by using shift and the layer 2 button. You can adjust the pitch bend range in one of the menus. Set it to 12 for the layer you want to octave change , and 0 for the others. This isn't perfect though as the pitch bent sound is not a true octave jump.

Hope this helps a bit
Tim

Hi Tim

I tried this way and does it work.
But you're right, It's not like a real transpose and the sound is not perfect.
However It's better than nothing.
Thanks for your help
kempus

Post by kempus »

There may be another way (bear with me as I am at work again with no piano)

Setup your live set with 2 layers.
Assign the live set up action to the pedal.
Save the live set.

Change the transpose value for the second layer (in the live set editor)
Assign the live set down action to the pedal.
Save it to the next live set.

What should happen is that the pedal should switch between the 2 live sets, and the transpose value for layer 2 will change between the 2 live sets.

I don't know if this will work but worth a try

Good luck
Tim
Frédéric

Post by Frédéric »

kempus wrote:There may be another way (bear with me as I am at work again with no piano)

Setup your live set with 2 layers.
Assign the live set up action to the pedal.
Save the live set.

Change the transpose value for the second layer (in the live set editor)
Assign the live set down action to the pedal.
Save it to the next live set.

What should happen is that the pedal should switch between the 2 live sets, and the transpose value for layer 2 will change between the 2 live sets.

I don't know if this will work but worth a try

Good luck
Tim
Hi Tim

I tried in this way and it works perfectly. in default of finding another way I will use your tip. again thank you very much for your help

Frédéric