RD700 and SRX-02 issue

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
MikeeH

RD700 and SRX-02 issue

Post by MikeeH »

Hello

Thanks for all the useful help that people that are on here.

My midi issue before was sorted with a new midi-usb cable. Sorted.

This issue refers to the SRX-02 concert piano card. I installed it into my RD700 and its a useful addition to the sound library and it works really well. I'm happy with the piano samples and have used it in anger (so to speak).

My only problem is to do with volume. When layering a 'regular' (non SRX card) sound, The regular sound is noticeably louder in comparison it's SRX layer. Swapping layers to compare the volumes increase the contrast between the 2 volume levels. The SRX being lower in volume on all counts.. Yes, I adjusted the layer faders to maximum each time and the SRX card samples were just quieter.
Help with this would be very much appreciated. Yes, I have read the manual and I have done a search but came up with little.
I realise you can alter the internal part param value and I have changed mine to be the same as an onboard sample, in fact I have mirrored all the settings of an onboard sample to the SRX. Only difference was the max value for SRX was 123 and the onboard being 127. Now both the same but still the volume differential is there.

Any suggestions? Or is this a 'feature' of the expensive expansion card?
As I said, any help or suggestions would be gratefully received

Michael.