Strengths and weaknesses

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
MacTyros

Strengths and weaknesses

Post by MacTyros »

I played the RD800 today in a music store for over an hour. And i really like what i saw, heared and felt. The keyfeel seemed authentic enough to pass for an acoustic piano, while still alowing to play fast organ and synth stuff. The sound was high class as to be expected from a Roland (i allways loved Roland sound) and the controll and UI seem to allow for quite some edditing and real time controll. And even as a midi controller it looks to have quite some tricks under its belt..

Now i am wondering about the strengths and weaknesses of the instrument, and who better to ask for this then its owners. And this seems to be the right place to find them..
golfnwaltz

Re: Strengths and weaknesses

Post by golfnwaltz »

IMHO, everything about this keyboard is great....except for the piano sounds running mono or through a less than excellent speaker system. Perfect stereo is required to make the pianos sound good to me. If anybody else has a workaround...tweaking inside the 800....I would love to hear it. I'm new to the clan....so maybe I'll find the answer as I continue down through the posts.
krg

Re: Strengths and weaknesses

Post by krg »

I love its touch and have fallen in love with it. Use it as a controller with my KORG PA-3X and only regret its lack of aftertouch. Otherwise, it has solved a lot of limitations and allows me to add powerful sounds.