RD300NX firmware update problem.

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
BigDaveyB75

RD300NX firmware update problem.

Post by BigDaveyB75 »

Hi

Hopefully someone here can help me.

I recently picked up an RD300NX piano, and I'm trying to update the firmware. I thought I'd read the instructions properly, but it seems I may have made a bit of a mistake. I'm using the file I downloaded, from the Roland website, but having re-read the instructions it appears that I should be using the file that's contained within that one.

The loading screen appeared, and started filling up with dots, but it's been like that for 3 hours now. I know the site says not to turn off the power, but is it even doing anything? Is there any other way to cancel the update?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
pianopete

Re: RD300NX firmware update problem.

Post by pianopete »

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
gordwait

Post by gordwait »

For anyone finding their way here, answer number one is correct, and if you do it wrong it will draw dots for hours, probably forever. I powered mine off, found this and followed answer number one here and was able to retry this. Make sure you copy the folder with the files in it as Rolands instructions state. It only took a few minutes, not hours and worked just fine.
PianoAnders66

Post by PianoAnders66 »

Can anyone direct my to "answer number one" reffered to by @gordwait? I have the same problem with dots continuing filling up the screen and never stops, even after several hours during update to 2.04.
I am actually updating from 2.04 to 2.04 because the User live set memory got messed up when doing Live set Reset All. So I was trying to get back to 2.04 default User Live Sets