RD 300NX some keys very loud, volume cuts

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
joyof60

RD 300NX some keys very loud, volume cuts

Post by joyof60 »

I understand that this is a 700/800 forum, but I need help with my 300NX. Tonight I had three notes, D2, E2 and F2 whose volumes were so very loud compared to the other notes across the entire piano. Tried to EQ them, down to no avail. The volume was booming and actually caused feedback problems due to the extreme volume, I tried to dance around them but found that very difficult. Then the volume on the whole piano would fade to nothing then come back Louder than before without me touching the slider at all. I changed cables/cords, channels on the board and presets. Halfway through the night I tried to use a user patch that I had done3 before and it seems that the problems went away, yet still existed with any 'preset'.
Any help or advice here would be so appreciated, I need to use this tomorrow. Thank you all in advance!
joyof60

Re: RD 300NX some keys very loud, volume cuts

Post by joyof60 »

Ok, I have finally been able to recreate the problem somewhat, when the RD300nx is cold, (left in the equipment trailer overnight on a chilly night per se.)volume fades and re appears erratically, and the keys are very sluggish, sluggish or heavy to press and very slow to return. ( the only time this does not happen is when the piano is warm, no temperature cutoff point known as I have not been able to compare actual temperature at each time but I have been able to feel the piano and know that it will be a problem due to it being 'cold'.) Is the reaction I'm seeing common or can this be repaired?, I would hate to know that the piano must be unloaded each night and kept warm, and it is not always possible to be able to warm it up before it needs to be played. Also is any damage occurring when this issue occurs. Please, any help or advice here would be so greatly appreciated..
My Best,
Keith
JJRiver

Re: RD 300NX some keys very loud, volume cuts

Post by JJRiver »

Did you solve this? I think I have the same issue on an RD-700 but only on the C4 section of the board