Midi control question

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
joyof60

Midi control question

Post by joyof60 »

Ok, again I have a RD300 NX, but this is the closest forum I can find, playing addictive keys pianos as standalone soft synth from my laptop using the RD300NX as a controller (I hope I'm using the correct terminology here). Everything sounds great. Question is, is there a way to adjust the volume from the RD300NX, instead of having to use the laptop or amplifier? I'm not overly midi savvy so I'm real delighted I got it to work at all in performance! Any help to get this tweaked would be most appreciated! I am connecting the RD300NX to a win10 laptop via Roland UM-One USB-midi interface cable. Audio is coming from the laptop headphone jack to the amplifier, which is actually a Roland Cube Street amp. Again any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much!
howardS

Re: Midi control question

Post by howardS »

I have the RD700nx which has different features but I think this part may work the same. If you press the MIDI button you should now be able to select the part you want to adjust by turning on and off external layers as set out on page 52 of the manual. Once you turn on a layer I think the slider for that layer should work provide you keep the MIDI button on. Does that make sense?
joyof60

Post by joyof60 »

Thanks, that give me a place to start, and yes I think I understand. I'll re read that section anyway! Thanks so much!!
howardS

Post by howardS »

Great. Let me know if it works for you.