RD-800: control via medi controller (organ pedals)?

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
Fendroun

RD-800: control via medi controller (organ pedals)?

Post by Fendroun »

Hi,

I understood from the manual that you could use the RD-800 as a master keyboard - but is the other way around possible as well? What I mean:

I pratice church organ and have an opportunity to get a MIDIfized pedal board. So I would have a board with about 30 pedals which is connected to the RD-800 via a five pin midi cable. Would that work? The RD-800 would be the outpud then. Can I assign sounds to the pedalboard so I could play the bass notes with my feed?

I am a bit lost in the manual and don't want to buy the pedalboard only to find out that it does not work like this.

Hope you can help me :)

kind regards
Fendroun
xp30

Re: RD-800: control via medi controller (organ pedals)?

Post by xp30 »

I own an RD-700 SX, which has 16 parts that can be controlled via the 16 MIDI channels. I checked that the RD-700 SX can act as a sound module for an external MIDI controller.

However, the RD-800 is different, and I am not sure if it works with the RD-800. I suggest to test it with a simple MIDI controller keyboard, before buying the foot pedal board. If it works with a MIDI controller keyboard, then it should also work with a foot pedal board.