Adding effects on rhythm parts

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
bluehonour

Adding effects on rhythm parts

Post by bluehonour »

So I am recording a song on the Fantom G... I want to add reverb to the drum part (Part 10). However, it seems like there is no way of adding reverb to ALL tones of the drum kit. You have to add them one tone at a time (i.e. kick drum, snare drum, etc... separately one by one). Why is this the case? Is there a way to add effects to all of them? I just want basic reverb effect on all tones of drum kit. Thanks.
Leh173

Re: Adding effects on rhythm parts

Post by Leh173 »

Really? I've never tried but can you send the whole part to the global reverb unit? if not you could try setting up an MFX block in studio mode to be Reverb and the send part 10 into that and set the reverbs wet/dry level to suit.
bluehonour

Post by bluehonour »

Doesn't work unfortunately. I find this odd.
BlackMaskAttacks

Post by BlackMaskAttacks »

What do you mean It dosent work. Can´t you scroll down to the drumkit in the "Current Part Group" upp to the left??

And remember that the two knobs down to the left is just changing the level of sound to the chorus and reverb from the specific choosed sound you have. Use the part and pfx knobs to the right instead.
bluehonour

Post by bluehonour »

When I do that, I add effects to one sound within the drum kit (such as kick, snare) but not all of them. I want to add effects to all sounds within a drum kit. That's the issue. Please check it out on your Fantom G and you will see.
tranztek

Post by tranztek »

If you go into fx routing, there are two sends that come after the PFX - if the drums are going through the PFX, which they usually are, then they can have reverb added globally.