phrase management and project saving

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
booyakasha12

phrase management and project saving

Post by booyakasha12 »

I was trying to clean up my phrases, and deleted a couple that I shouldn't have that are used in songs.
However, I thought as long as I didn't save the project, the phrases would reappear once I turned back on the fantom? That's not the case.. seem to be gone.
I was just curious, if I create phrases that I don't use in a song while coming up with a song, are those still stored after I turn off the fantom if I only save songs and not the project?
Any advice to these matters?
MrSteveVee

Re: phrase management and project saving

Post by MrSteveVee »

Effectively if you create or change a song/phrase/sample, the changes are in memory waiting to be written. If you look at the lists for these, any that have a red triangle next to them indicate that they are new or changed but have not been written to your project and therefore will be lost if you power off or load another project. Conversely once written to a project if you try to delete one of them you will get an “are you sure” warning to prompt you to reconsider as once deleted it is gone from the project.

Therefore a delete will always prompt you first to make double sure
An add or change cannot ask “are you sure” after every change but instead gives you a visual indicator of a red triangle against the object changed to remind you to save “if you wish”

Hope this helps

Steve V
booyakasha12

Post by booyakasha12 »

thanks.. interesting.. I was in the phrase list, going through the phrases, and just selecting phrases I thought I didn't need, and hitting delete. I wasn't prompted... I didn't save project end in the end.. but turned off the Fantom and now they are missing from my project's song.
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

Usually the only phrases saved are the ones in the song editor
any phrases outside of this area are ignored