Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Diametro

Re: fantom G !!! - finally

Post by Diametro »

Me three ...
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

After contacting my rep and since there's still a few hours to NAMM I can only confirm what's already said: The new Fantom is the Fantom-G6/7/8.

I'm on the run now. Got to sell my X8 ;-)
The_Magus

Post by The_Magus »

Great news - let's wait to listen and play them, when they reach
finally music shops. Hope they will not cost too much more of
the X counterparts.
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

stolen from other forum:

Introducing the most powerful workstation direct and elegant in the history of Roland. The Fantom-G is a dream that redefines the boundaries of interpretation and creativity with advanced sound source, the revolutionary Bay expansion ARX SuperNATURAL ™, the comprehensive LCD color, the new and powerful sequencer audio / MIDI, keys with counterweight and "touch ivory" first class (Fantom-G8), and much more.

* Source Sound advanced with twice the capacity of waves of previous workstation higher
* 2 extensions with ARX SuperNATURAL, technology increased expressivity interpretation of the world
* Graphical user interface with extra-large LCD colour 8.5 "-wide connectivity and mouse
* Sequencer audio / MIDI integrated with the latest generation 128 tracks including 24 audio tracks
* Multiefectos for each party; can be programmed up to 22 addresses simultaneously effects
* Action keyboard first level; keyboard PHA II with counterweight and "touch ivory" in the Fantom-G8
* Casing robust aluminum panel

Advanced Sound Source
With a powerful new audio processor, elFantom-G provides new depth and versatility of sound. With twice the capacity ROM waves his predecessor, keeps a hidden treasure with the sounds of quality SRX famous Roland, but what really distinguishes this instrument is its further expansion ARX, which lets you add additional groups of sounds SuperNATURAL and sources of synthesizer and effects totally specific to this already powerful workstation direct.

Expansion ARXSuperNATURAL
The Fantom-G provides ARX bays for two expansion cards SuperNATURAL. SuperNATURAL is the exclusive technology modeling behavior Roland allowing a new level of emotional expressiveness organic impossible to achieve with synthesizers earlier. Applied to the sounds of traditional instruments, SuperNATURAL allows organic tonal changes and delicate, and the nuances of interpretation of the real musical instruments. It is also a powerful tool for non-traditional and electronic sounds, as it brings new life to the synthesis and expression.

Powerful integrated sequencer
The Fantom-G is the first tool to incorporate the powerful Roland sequencer latest generation of Roland. Along with the wide LCD, this composition tool provides professional-level tracks 128 (including 24 audio tracks) in a graphical environment audio / MIDI fully integrated. It is also possible to incorporate a mouse to get the same speed and ease with which a computer. Other useful features include a connector combo XLR and TRS, phantom power for condenser microphones, Hi-Z input for guitar and bass, and line input.

LCD comprehensive and elegant
With only look and touch you know that the Fantom-G is a tool without equal. We have used only the materials of the highest quality to create this dreamy synthesizer, with a stylish and futuristic call everyone's attention. The wide TFT LCD colour 8.5 "-wide are located in the central part to improve the functionality. It also includes a variety of first-class manual controls, including eight sliders, four commanders, and ten buttons below the LCD.
Effects incredible

The Fantom-G provides an innovative source of effects, Multi available for each sound / part delFantom-G. In mode multitimbral of 16 parties, can be used up to 22 addresses effects at once. Creates complex configurations with 16 insertion effects by patch, in addition to chorus and global reverberations. The mastering effects are included to improve the songs were created using the integrated sequencer.
Shambler

Post by Shambler »

SuperNATURAL=APSynthesis methinks.
stanley

Post by stanley »

its gonna be just a couple of hrs b4 we get to read the actual specs but i wanna know is there anything new abt the rythms or anything extra apart from the 24 audio tracks with 22 mfx and more polyphony.....

the board looks real good.......

i wudnt sell my X6 just for more polyphony and 24 audio tracks.....

i also notice the big guys n especially art being quiet abt this topic... ill have to wait for tommorow :)))))

Fantom X sounds better than Fantom G :)))

Regards,
Stanley
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

i also notice the big guys n especially art being quiet abt this topic.
Artemio is quite busy converting his Sinevibes libraries to Fantom G ;-)
acoustictones

Post by acoustictones »

Are you trying to tell me that Artemio has already had his hands on one of these bad boys???
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Obviously not. I'm just joking about it. However, if by any chance he did, we still would know the same.
acoustictones

Post by acoustictones »

:)
stanley

Post by stanley »

i bet art is gonna make a planet G too just like v-chee dreamt :))) not forgetting to mention the tweakbook called the "G Book"
SRUT, BUT...

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

Fantom X sounds better than Fantom G

Agree on that.

But the evolutionary solution would have been "Fantom Y" (Fantom Why?) or "Fantom X2-6" or "Fantom XX-6" or Fantom X-66" or "Fantom X-6.2. That's uncool as well.

So, I believe ROLAND went for something further away from the "X".
Shalako

Post by Shalako »

That's funny.

Over the several days I have been saying that I want to see things like a bigger sequencer and 20+ simultaneous effects.

And look at that dreams do come true.
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

>>>Fantom X sounds better than Fantom G

only because new G is silent yet,
but silence is gold :)
acoustictones

Post by acoustictones »

So which of Rolands MANY web sites will provide the specs fist? I heard that the UK site is going to be around midnight tonight (according to their count down clock).

Any others or web sites addresses that you think would be the first with the COMPLETE specs and pics (front, top, back, sides, screen shots, etc.)?

Post your links :) Please and thank you :)