Here's Official Info on the New Roland Lineup

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
2TIM316

Here's Official Info on the New Roland Lineup

Post by 2TIM316 »

Just go to www.roland.com and click away.

Don't miss: http://www.roland.com/synth/fantom/

a special site just for the new Fantom.

Is it just me, or is the color just a little more away from silver and towards white - sort of a white-colored aluminum. Cool!
jrevenko

Re: Here's Official Info on the New Roland Lineup

Post by jrevenko »

Soundwise: Am i having a bad day maybe?
But all those waves (2,153+) in 256 megs.
mmmmm
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Yeah, they're saying "new audio engine", but Roland has a bad habit of recycling the same (some would say "tired") samples year after year. Most likely we have nothing more than the Fantom-X wave ROM augmented with selections from the SRX library. If you want new stuff, you have to purchase the new expansion boards.
Solitary man

Post by Solitary man »

Most of the SRX boards are re packaged SR-JV80 boards, so don't get too excited. Give a few weeks once everything has died down and then we will see just how good the new famtom is. I wonder what the first bug will be 8-)
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Solitary man - we're discussing this on this thread exclusively:

http://forums.rolandclan.info/?action=s ... d=1&page=1

That way we hope to avoid the confusion of multiple threads about the same topic (pros and cons of the "G")
thunderkyss

Post by thunderkyss »

What kind of new waveforms are you looking for??

Rhodes?? Clavs?? Moog?? B3?? Farfisa??

or are you hoping there will be some newer instruments like the Andromeda, Voyager, Prohesy waveforms??

I mean once you've got the perfect sample, why should you have to redo it every time a new engine comes along??

I can understand if you aren't happy with a particular group, or if you don't think Roland has got to that perfect sample yet... But many people have been happy with the Roland sounds since the JV days. And the popularity of the SRX boards is a testament to that.

There are only so many ways you can sample a kick drum.... You should be able to create whatever "modern" kick sound with the tools that Roland gives you in the present day Fantom, with the filters, LFOs, effects, re-sampling & all...

Better effects "system", better effects. Better filters, better UI, better storage, new ways to manipulate the waveforms, etc... those are the areas I see the development of the Fantom.

Maybe I should say different, because iin many aspects, the Fantom is only different from the JV, and not better.
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

thunderkyss - you make a good point. Could you copy this over to the main discussion thread:

http://forums.rolandclan.info/?action=s ... d=1&page=1

Thanks! That way we can concentrate all our comments in one thread.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

2TIM316
Thanks for helping me directing the guys for the other thread. I made a direct link out of your post.
I'll keep this thread "unlocked" as I think your initial intention was also to talk about the rest of the Roland "Lineup", namely the new RD-300/700GX, V-Drums etc... If is this the case, keep posting here.

All other posts about the Fantom-G , please go to the above mentioned thread.
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Actually I'd be fine with you locking or deleting this one as well. Let's keep it simple and focused to the one thread. Just makes it so much easier. Great work!
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

done ;-)
Thanks again.