Fantom G Pricing and Availability Thread

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
wodeh

Re: Fantom G Pricing and Availability Thread

Post by wodeh »

With the X8 currently at £1,549.99 that would be insane, the G8 is good but it's not £798 better than the X8.

That said I'm not too educated on the insanity levels of synth pricing but if you're correct then I'm not going to be getting one unless I can sweet talk them a couple of hundred closer to the £2000 mark.

I certainly don't want to be spending upwards of £1000 for an upgrade after only 6 months.
thekeymaster

Post by thekeymaster »

Digital Village in the UK are pricing them as -

G6 - £1639.99
G7 - £1,937.99
G8 - £2,347.99

Well it seems I was way off in my predictions.The UK has stung us again compared to the US.

I still think its a decent price but I was hoping a £150 off all three prices there.We pay far too much tax in the UK.
Mauro Rosati

Post by Mauro Rosati »

Wodeh, it's useless complaining, you have bought the Fantom X 6 months ago, it seems that you're trying to find excuse to don't buy the new Fantom, no one obligate you to buy something, so why complaining? And then people don't have to buy something when a big Trade Show like NAMM is near.
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

I got the first more concrete delivery date from a big German seller: it says calendar week 17 for Fantom G: end of April.

This does not necessarily mean that they deliver in time, but at least by now we know what in time would be.

Another seller names May as delivery date for ARX-02.
Ori

Post by Ori »

Mauro, what exactly did wodeh say that was derogatory towards the G? He merely said that he cannot justify the upgrade price from the X to the G. I'm in the same boat and I agree with him.

I've had the X for a while now and I was perfectly happy with it (despite the file system!) until the G was announced. I then immediately wanted the G in a blatant fit of gear lust. After a bit of thinking I figured that my needs would be best served by spending the cash on a DAW, some soft synths (NI Komplete looks fantastic) and, if I can find one, an original V-synth. This, along with the X, should provide an excellent setup (for me...) for only slightly more than upgrading my workstation alone.