Fantom G Pricing and Availability Thread

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
2TIM316

Fantom G Pricing and Availability Thread

Post by 2TIM316 »

Please post information regarding Fantom-G pricing and availability here. Please do not post general information, comments, or opinions about the Fantom-G in this thread. Rather use the main comment thread:

http://forums.rolandclan.info/?action=s ... d=1&page=1

Does anyone know what the MAP in the US will be, and when these units are scheduled to be in stores in the US?
Still Learning

Re: Fantom G Pricing and Availability Thread

Post by Still Learning »

Nova Musik has pricing info. Their main page is at: http://www.novamusik.com/default.aspx and their G6 pricing is at http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx?ty ... 33&mid=267

G6 MSRP $2,899, MAP $2,495
G7 MSRP $3,349, MAP $2,895
G8 MSRP $3,999, MAP $3,495 all in U.S. dollars
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Those MAPs aren't half bad. Right in line with Korg/Yamaha. Most likely the MAPs will drop a couple of hundred within a year, so it will wind up being a few hundred more than the Fantom-X (comparing 61 to 61). Anyone know when these will be hitting the stores?
b3keys

Post by b3keys »

April-June 2008
cowby

Post by cowby »

Semi OT :

I expect to see the price tag of G-Rack soon
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

cowboy - if we aren't seeing a rack now, it won't show up for at least a year, if at all. This is Roland's timing.

Regarding availability, if "April-June" is correct, then this is also Roland's typical timetable for new product rollout. That means practically, end of summer, give or take. Quite a long time to wait. I wish they could hurry these things up.
wodeh

Post by wodeh »

As mentioned in the main thread.

£1999 for the G8
£1699 for the G7
£1399 for the G6

These are projected high-street prices, I have no idea how accurate they might be but they seem reasonable.
ahfei

Post by ahfei »

I will wait patiently for a second hand one...hehehe
Hope its as easy as getting a second hand Motif XS6 on ebay...
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

I still can't figure out the pricing on the 76. This goes for Yamaha and Korg, too. How 15 extra plastic keys and a little more metal can retail for $450.

Ummmm.....the MAP for the 61 is $2,500. That ain't cheap. Considering you could probably get an "X" for around $1,600 (I'm guessing), I would be more comfortable with the "G" at around $2100-$2200. At $2,500, which is where it will probably be for at least a few months while they are close to backordered, then I start being concerned with its limitations.

Not that I don't want one, but with the special offer from Korg, I can get an M3 rack w/ a free Radias EXB for well under 2 grand. Hmmm....
Oleq

Post by Oleq »

With 76 keys you don't need to push the Octave buttons so often and can afford more layer zones.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

76 required for my comfort and the ability to do the zones I require!
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

2 big German sellers have the Fantom in their online offers now.

One of them says available in April, but that - as we all know - doesn't mean we can rely on it.

The street prices have already arrived:
- G6 2150€
- G7 2500€
- G8 3000€

This looks absolutely acceptable to me concerning value for the money.

Concerning practical live and studio use, from my view they are simply the leaders of the pack now, leaving Korg and Yamaha so far behind, as if those were from stone age. The Roland FGs are really playing in a completely different league now.

Concerning competitive sound, everything depends
a) on the overall sound of the new engine
b) on the quality and proper choice of their waveforms

I'm not too confident concerning that, looking back at how sloppy their sound designers did their job in many areas so far, leaving a lot of tuning and creating useable patches to their customers. This is not my private opinion, but common judgement mirrored in many reviews and feedbacks from skillful musicians. And when I think back to the SRX-12, with Rhodes samples in part really fine, and in part taken from a Rhodes which had not even been put into full working condition and instead providing a considerable amount of tones with bad tine/damper settings, all these expierences over time do not strenghten my confidence in this area.

But I was also sceptical about their ability to develop usability killer features to the point, and I frankly admit that they did that extremely well on the Fantom G: they really nailed the points where former workstation use, from *every* big manufacturer including them, just sucked so far.

So I hope I will like the sounds as well, because the usability features are the best I ever met on *any* keyboard for everyday use so far.
SRUT, BUT...

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

Although I'm not from the Netherlands, I coincidetely found the Dutch prices:

De prijzen bij Meibergen:
G6: 2149 euro
G7: 2499 euro
G8: 2999 euro

Ter vergelijking met X-serie
X6: 1899 euro
X7: 2249 euro
X8: 2599 euro

So very similar o what jimknopf mentioned above.

Edit: If you take US prices plus VAT (in Germany 19%) it summs up to 2027,00 Euro.
Arjan

Post by Arjan »

SRUT, BUT...

Thanks for the info. I am from the Netherlands so much appreciated. Here's the URL if anyone wants to verify:

http://www.meibergen.nl/aanbiedingen/roland.html

European prices (at least for mainland Europe) do seem to be in line with US prices, we're paying about EUR 100 more than US if you exclude the VAT (so it's our governments ripping us off, not Roland).
JEM

Post by JEM »

Digital Village in the UK are pricing them as -

G6 - £1639.99
G7 - £1,937.99
G8 - £2,347.99