Who's Gonna Make The Switch From X to G?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Who's Gonna Make The Switch From X to G?

Post by Artemiy »

sambasevam:
Artemio,
Where have you been all this time?
I am just very busy making new sound libraries, and I have two kids to cope with ;-)
Krokodilen

Post by Krokodilen »

Hey Art,

I'm sure you are running your R01 all day long waiting for their first: татусь and make a patch out of it ;)

K
Krokodilen

Post by Krokodilen »

..Sorry...

No, I'm not gonna do the switch this time. I'll hang on to my X till the next generation. Like many of you stayed with the S, jumped the X and now will get the G.

I'll wait for a touchscreen workstation and a rack GT (or what ever there will be at that time) ;)

K
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

2TIM316 said:
"Or maybe load up the Artemio soundsets and just use it as a dedicated "Planet" module"

Keep it as a "Planet" module !!, great idea !!! in my case, no one will buy my old Xa anyway, so why not ?

So definitely I'm not going to switch...just get a new G with ARX02 (piano) board, as soon as I'm getting the €€€ to buy it.
;-)

PF
Ori

Post by Ori »

I'm very tempted to trade up if this thing can really do what people are saying it can. An important factor for me is how much money I can get for my X8 either by selling or part exchange against the G.
cuborg

Post by cuborg »

I'm doing it sequentially. First I switched from fantom X6 to motif XS6 and now I'll do last switch from XS6 to fantom G8.
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

I'm thinking 'in addition to' my current X8! =) (I've been saving a few pennies on the side in anticipation of this event!)

From what I know so far, I am totally impressed with what Roland is offering in the Fantom G series. How can one not be? (By the way, that is a rhetorical question and need not be answered by the occasional cynic I have noticed lurking on this site!)

There is no doubt that there WILL be issues that need to be resolved with the Fantom G, a board on who's shoulders rests the challenge of introducing new technologies such as a new sound engine and ARX expansion. As for me, 'My cup is half full!', and am very greatful to Roland for addressing most, if not all of the concerns that Fantom X users posted in this forum. I know that the Fantom X has both greatly challenged and inspired me and look forward to an exciting journey with the 'G'! Thank-you Roland!

Cheers!

PiaKnowGuy

http://www.piaknow.com

sambasevam

Post by sambasevam »

Artemio:
I am just very busy making new sound libraries, and I have two kids to cope with ;-)

Ofcourse you were...that too just during the release of G6... :-P

Spill the beans man. :D
toom driver

Post by toom driver »

Some of us here are still with the Fantom S.... Don't see much point in changing as I equipped with non-Roland outboard gear for audio recording. Go figure!
SRUT, BUT...

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

I will get one!
Brandon Heat

Post by Brandon Heat »

i've only had my x8 for about a year so im going to wait till they come out with a touch screen workstation
jrevenko

Post by jrevenko »

Ill buy it. And switch the motherboard with a Motif XS

:-)
robbie50

I don't!

Post by robbie50 »

I don't buy a new Fantom G......
I've got a X7 and a Motif XS and a Varios.... so that's oké for me....

My firts synt was a JX8P, later an JX10.....I use it for years!

When the Varios and the V synt came out....Roland say's "we've make a lot of cards for this new synt's"
After a few months they make NOTING at all!

I like the sounds of my X7 and hope there comes a update somethimes...
(but I thing nope!!)

greetings,

robbie
Gino

making the switch

Post by Gino »

Hi all,
I'm a fantom X8 owner. I think i'll be keeping my X8 for home use, and for when i want to feel the pleasure of playing the weighted 88 keys BUT i think i'll be purchasing the G7 to replace my XP-80 (which i use along with a triton Le76) for use in my live rig. The XP-80 (with its 4 expansion boards) has been my workhorse since 1996 (it has never let me down)and only in december did i need to get it repaired because the glue used to hold the weights had started to leak. So maybe in about a year, after the G's initial issues have been resolved i'll make the purchase. The initial specs are very exciting.

Cheers!
Shambler

Post by Shambler »

I don't have room for another keyboard so no =P