Who's Gonna Make The Switch From X to G?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Quinnx.

Re: Who's Gonna Make The Switch From X to G?

Post by Quinnx. »

I wont be making the switch to G since I will be keeping the X.
However, if they have fixed all the bugs from the X and Workflow is
improved as well as the FILE SYSTEM

I will consider adding the G8 to my GEAR.
Lunchtime

Post by Lunchtime »

I got my X for about 6 months now so I'm not gonna switch. I still really happy about it. :)
Dev

Post by Dev »

No... I am not going to switch for at least 2 years.... I don't have the patience, energy and time to deal with fresh BUGS anymore. Let G stabilise, then I shall decide.... till then I would like to keep my X7.
The_Magus

Post by The_Magus »

- First i want to hear and play the G at shop.
- Second, i want to check if there will be any blatant
poorly-implemented thing (such as the filesystem on the X series)
- Third i want to check what will be the final price.
then, i shal decide - but i think i'll keep my X anyway in the case,
just adding a G under it ;) (i got 3 srx on my X, and i don't want to
give them away)
Lexx

Post by Lexx »

I have to. It's too crazy
Jimknopf

Post by Jimknopf »

Very hard choice for me:

- on one hand I am a real fan of usability: The Fantom G is the most practical keyboard creation tool for live and studio jobs I met so far.

- on the other hand Arturia finally get their job done and deliver the Origin, from my view the first synth which provides all the real beauty and power of analog sounds (Minimoog, Moog Modular, Jupiter8, ARP 2600) in a VA. This thing sounds really smooth and fat!

I could buy any of the two right away, but not both.

What a beautiful but hard choice, sighhhh ...
Grabwave

Post by Grabwave »

Havin bought the x7 since less than three months I am not feeling that I really did the good thing. I wanted to add a srx07 and now I am doubting, because I could maybe sell the x7 and upgrade to a G. Have to see, hear and look at the weight...on the positive side I know that I have a very good workstation with the x7 and that it is up to me to play/use it good I can do an enormous amount of things !
stanley

Post by stanley »

me too ....

now witth the mouse compatability u cud just do mix n match in lightning speed....

i bet there is gonna be many fx for sale and im trying to be a good saleman now :))))
SkylineUK

Post by SkylineUK »

Depends on price, and how tempting the sounds are. It's supposed to have a better engine but does that mean the SRX sounds now included as standard sound any better? Probably not. So do we have to wait for releases of new 'Supernatural' cards? I'll hang fire for a few months unless they release a lot of demos of sounds which really overwhelm me and I find myself simply unable to resist!

Hm. Just had another thought. I came late to the XP50 and because of that I came late to the Fantom X6. Maybe I should just make the change early this time so I own a current model for a lot longer.

John
mcaleb

Post by mcaleb »

I will be sticking with my faithful x7 for now. I have not exploited most of the features yet, even after 3 years plus of use.

Secondly I have learned from the X not to buy gear straight after release. I'll probably not upgrade till a new model after the G is released, which might have touch screen plus more polyphony.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

My X8 is already for sale so... ;-)
thekeymaster

Post by thekeymaster »

My X8 is already for sale so... ;-)

Lucky you,Ive gotta wait until the G is released before I sell mine,I need to convert all my settings,songs and sounds over to the new board before I can .I cant do that without having my Fantom X side by side with Fantom G,plus I need my X to gig with,I cant do without it.

Roll on April!!!!!
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hey, I didn't said it was already sold ;-)
JEM

Post by JEM »

I had an X7 for the last tour, sold it when we got back, bought an Oasys and bizarrely, missed the Roland terribly.

So I got an X6 this week. Took advantage of all the hype surrounding the G and the Roland discount so only paid £1000 for it, plus the 4 free boards. Chucked 512 of RAM in it and that'll do me just fine for a year's worth of gigs until the G's pricing in the UK calms down a bit.

Nothing against the G, but I think the X is still an excellent board :-)
mr. claudio

Post by mr. claudio »

hell yeah i want one. but there's one problem. i just bought my fantomx6 9 months ago. i wish those bastards woulda warned me the g series was com'n. that way i'd only have to pay about 1,000 extra instead of havin to pay'n the full 3,000. i'm gonna customize/airbrush it and sell it on the street to get more than i would at the store