My comments on the new Fantom-G series

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Quinnx.

Bugs/Enhancements

Post by Quinnx. »

Okay here is a question

did they fix the X bugs !?
or have they just been re-branded as G-bugs?
lelo

Re: My comments on the new Fantom-G series

Post by lelo »

Artemio The Motif XS in sequencer mode has the ability to automaticaly asighn the effect to a track when you chose a particular sound, so if you like a wah clav with it's effect in voice mode, all you have to do when your in seqencer mode is hit the catagory button,chose the sound you want and that sound with it's effect is asighn to the ttrack you chose. Can the Fantom G do the same thing in studio mode? When you chose a certain sound,will the effect be added to the a track?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

lelo, it's done completely automatically, you just select a patch and that's it.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Hmm, in light of my previous question about the effects, I wonder if it would be possible as an option to 'free' effects for use on other parts. Of course, this would compromise the concept of full effects in studio mode, but nevertheless...

Can't wait to read the manual! :D
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Hugo, there are two global MFX processors in addition to the 16 patch MFX processors, but indeed we'll need to wait for the manuals to see how these can be used.
wudsiba

Post by wudsiba »

Great to finally hear from you Art! This may have been answered already and if so I apolagize, but I was just wondering about the sequencer. Does it allow you to work with more traditional pattern linking? With the X I never really gort comfertable with the pattern system and would just end up copying and pasting.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

wudsiba, sorry again, I have no details or opinions other than those I have posted - I'll need to get my hands on the G's when they start shipping here.
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Artemio:

Hello my friend. It has been some time since we have been able to communicate at all. I'm sorry that I've been so distant -- I've been really busy actually, trying to find a job and staying healthy and all of that. I would like to offer some comments of my own on the Fantom-G, from YOUR perspective...

I agree with what you said in your kick-off post here. You have a good eye and a keen ear, and I agree wholeheartedly with what you said. I'm not even going to contradict you, because I like what you wrote.

I have certaiinly put Roland down more than once, but don't take my word for anything. The direction that I have chosen in music suits me, but for you, I think that the G is a great improvement.

I remember how years ago, you were simply dying to get a Fantom-S. You set up the first-ever Fantom-S newsgroup and forum, and I was pretty much sold on Roland gear back then. I even (briefly) owned a Fantom X, before I finally gave up on hardware synths. I returned mine to its seller, and never looked back.

But I need to make sure that you understand something -- your music is great. I have listened to what you created, back when the S was your world, and I was impressed. You once said that you aren't a "great" musician, but I beg to differ. I think that what you have created sounds amazing, and I hope to hear what you do in the coming years.

Anyway, that is it. Again, I hope that you are well, and I hope that I haven't alienated you or anyone else on this forum. I haven't been out-and-out mean, but being critical isn't necessarily called for. I will try to remember that what drives others isn't always what drives me. And hey -- that is a good thing.

If we all wanted the same thing, we wouldn't be able to live on this planet.

- Sammy
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Sammy, thank you very much for this post, and for the kind words.

Yes, I of course do remember how all started here, in fact it was almost five years ago. And you too have to be proud of carrying the member ID of 2, and I will never forget those first romantic days we had testing the forum out.

Thanks for commenting on my music - and yes, I do hope to be making some this year, now that I have a rather vast library of my very own sounds.

Glad you're here, Sammy!
jsepeta

korg m3

Post by jsepeta »

has anyone yet done head to head testing between the m3 and new fantom g? I was impressed with the functionalilty of the m3 but had decided to stick with my fantom x8 and korg karma.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

has anyone yet done head to head testing between the m3 and new fantom g?
I believe that a bunch of Roland Secret Agents have already done it back in the Hamamastu R&D center ;-)