Any "G" Videos Yet?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
2TIM316

Any "G" Videos Yet?

Post by 2TIM316 »

I know StillLearning has uploaded some to this sight. Just wondering what the E.T.A. for these is. I can't wait to see 'em. Also, it seems like the big online music media outlets (Sonic State and Harmony-Central) are real light on videos this year. Including none on the Fantom-G :-(
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Any "G" Videos Yet?

Post by Artemiy »

You may overlooked this, there is a Sonic State video already:
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=5979
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Thx, Artemio. Will check those out while I wait for you to post the ones from Still Learning. BTW, how've you been? Glad to see the site is still stronger than ever!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, I'll be putting Dan's videos online soon, just did not get to converting them yet. As for me, I am doing well, enjoying the challenge of working and taking after two lovely kids at the same time ;-) And surely this place is more alive than ever before, because there is no reason such a fine community would not grow. Glad to be part of it, hope you do too!
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

...because there is no reason such a fine community would not grow.
Yes there is. Where's the INFLATABLE GIRL DINASSOUR Roland promised and we did not get?
thekeymaster

Post by thekeymaster »

I must admit I've been slightly underwhelmed by what I've seen from NAMM so far in regards to the G being demonstrated.Dont know if it has something to do with the OS not being finalised but I don't think the demonstrators have sold it well enough in front of camera.
SRUT, BUT...

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

Here is a new video by some danish guys.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBaWY9zwoA

Not really interessting sound-wise, but give some nice close-ups views of the G.

btw - they are NOT DRUNK, they speak danish! ;-) Maybe some Danish speaking folks here can translate what they are babbling about!

edit: (hurray! my 100th post!)
rezfactor

Post by rezfactor »

Did you guys see the video clip where the interviewer asks questions the whole time, and the demostrator (seated right in front of a new G) recites all the machine's specs (information that we could easily gather elsewhere), and they never ONCE touch a single key on G?
maximizer

Post by maximizer »

I think it's because it is still in beta stage. it'll be embarassing if something froze up while you try to demonstrate the best out of your coolest gear (I guess it's the same reason why attendees weren't allowed to mess with it).

Roland learned from M$ demo with Bill Gates and some guy showing off USB hot swapping in Win 98 and the OS BSOD'ed (the poor guy prolly was fired on the spot, Bill is not kind boss). Still funny though (:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UjZQGRATlwA
SRUT, BUT...

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

Today I received an answer to my question via email from a Roland official from Germany: the Customer Support Manager Thomas Jobmann.

My question:
As the proclaimed sales start is quite close already I would like to know when we can expect more detailed demo material (videos, MP3 files, online manual etc.).

The answer:
Die Fantom G auf der Messe in Frankfurt werden Serienmodelle sein.
Allerdings noch unklar, mit welcher Software-Version. Alle Promo-Files
die angekündigt sind, werden dann vermutlich nach der Musik Messe in
Frankfurt auf die Webseiten gesetzt.

Translation to English:
The Fantom G at the music fair in Frankfurt are going to be series models. It is still uncertain what software version they will have. All promotional files that have been announced, are likely to be uploaded at the websites after the Music Fair in Frankfurt.

-------

So, unfortunaltely nothing really new and as the fair in Frankfurt is in some weeks time it seems we still have to wait for some more time for more demos...
2TIM316

Post by 2TIM316 »

Well, seeing as how the development is being done in the U.S. and Japan, I wouldn't take this timeline as gospel. I think we'll see more demos sooner than that, judging from the new ARX video and new screen shots we're hearing about (see other posts on this forum).