Can Fantom G or SonicCell Do sampling?

Forum for Fantom-G6/7/8
Septimo

Re: Can Fantom G or SonicCell Do sampling?

Post by Septimo »

Ahhh...I knew If I was patient enough I would see a list from you of some sort....

I spend WAY too much time conferring with those who are on this exact subject to admit I know less than your average Fantomized member.
what a dis...You hear that Fantomized? Y'all a bunch of dummies.....

You win....
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

I guess "admit" is the key word.....
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

this is the very reason you reply to anything at all....To downtalk someone.....Shame on you....

and also the reason for all your sarcasm...

thanks for clearing that...
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

Audacity's comment did not look downgrading to me...

anyway...

I definately do not know about these details, but it is good reading for me and good excercise for you guys to keep going...
...just make sure to wear boxing gloves please...
The Audacity Works

Post by The Audacity Works »

this is the very reason you reply to anything at all....To downtalk someone.....Shame on you....

and also the reason for all your sarcasm...

thanks for clearing that...
Septimo, this is so weird. We get along for a week and then something happens. This time it's because you're pretending to know about MP3 files and their place within mass-voice RAM-based hardware sampling engines. Or ROMpler engines. You either keep changing your tune or aren't quite sure what the difference is. I'm not being difficult; I know what is and isn't technically feasible and you insist on arguing with me... for fun, I assume, in which case... touché!

I'm sorry you're offended that I suggest knowing more about MP3 vs. .WAV/AIFF streaming than you. Maybe I don't; maybe you're the world's foremost expert on the subject. That said, one would simply assume such an expert would have more to say than "I think it's possible."

For the record, I never said mass-voice RAM-based MP3 sampling in hardware was IMPOSSIBLE—I said it was so difficult and so utterly pointless that it would never happen.

For example, it's not impossible to keep an elephant in your living room as a pet. But it sure is dumb.

The original post that started this read:
Reads only wav and aiff in 2008? comeon...
It might as well have said "No elephant as a pet in the living room in 2008? comeon..."

Forums such as this one are full of people who think they know how gear is and should be designed. The sad truth is that very few people have any idea what they're talking about. Mentioning or suggesting a feature that's impractical and dumb is one thing. Giving Roland crap for not implementing something impractical and dumb—I'll call 'em out.
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

You either keep changing your tune or aren't quite sure what the difference is.

where did I cange my tune? I do know the difference...you just put words in my posts to have your post have some merit. hoping others don't read the the whole thread but instead just reading latest responses..but I never said any of that...and you know that...quit changing my tune...Sort of like trying to say that my point is an MP3 VS Wav/aiff...this aint about VS it's about co-existing in the same system....not getting rid of one for the other...See what i mean? and personally I don't feel offended..those are only your words. You need to convince me first....And that hasn't happened...and since I never feel offended, is why I can answer you in another thread as cool as fan, freindly and with no problems. And you find it "weird"..I don't take others peoples narrowness personally. I like your factual side..It's your "I'm right" oppinions that get a slap down from me...

My point has been made...maybe you should go back and read it again...I can't beleive how many times you or others misunderstand my posts...but since I already made my point I won't respond anymore on this issue for the sake of you provoking an argument...That's what all you replies are when you're just tryin to be right,,, provocation...not actually a discussion....That's why they end up like this.....

So here's a preview of my reply to your next response for whatever it is you have to say on this issue.

"............."
SRUT, BUT...

Wow!

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

Hell, this is really fun!

TAW + Sept:

Are you married or what? This whole thing seems like a genetic experiment where Waldorf and Statler, Kermit and Miss Piggy, Al and Peggy Bundy, Laurel and Hardy have been put into Seth Brundle's first Telepod!

You guys are worth an entrance fee! Popcorn anybody?
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Strut...You jelous or something? let me give you kiss, mam...;-)
SRUT, BUT...

Post by SRUT, BUT... »

Septimo:

It's SRUT - please -, you should spare one "T", you're gonna need it for addressing TAW.

:-P
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Drumrolllllllllll, Crash!!!

that Joke didn't translate from German too well....

"T" is for,, Try again, mam......;-P
Septimo

Can Fantom G or SonicCell Do sampling?

Post by Septimo »

since this thread drifted....Let me bring it back and hopefully end it...

Sonic cell can't sample...and Fantom G can sample....
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Back from the dead.. ;)

What is this I see? Mp3 in a workstation sampler? Hmm.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/fa-08/specifications/